The Resource Assistants Program is a rigorous, immersive, paid internship for individuals interested in Forest Service careers. Resource Assistants work under the supervision of Forest Service staff to complete mission-critical work that demonstrates leadership, critical thinking, and strategic communication. Through direct training, experience, and exposure, Resource Assistants gain the tools to launch their natural and cultural resource careers.
- Contribute to valuable work projects to sustain forests and grasslands.
- Gain practical on-the-job experience with work-related training opportunities
- Earn a competitive weekly stipend and benefits.
- Make connections to the Forest Service network of staff, partners, and stakeholders.
- Get the opportunity to earn a 2-year hiring authority to apply for qualifying permanent Forest Service positions upon successful completion of the program.
Resource Assistant positions are recruited by our valuable partner organizations. Visit their websites below for more information on current positions available.
Who can be a Resources Assistant?
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents over 17 years old. Anyone who meets age and citizenship requirements is encouraged to apply. Preference is given to individuals enrolled in institutions of higher education, especially minority-serving institutions.