Work that Makes a Difference
The Forest Service provides opportunities for people across the country to enjoy everything nature has to offer in our National Forests. When you work for the Forest Service, you are making a long lasting impact by helping us sustain the nation's forests and grasslands for future generations.
We work for nature because we believe in caring for the land and serving the people, and we are vigilant in serving the needs of both. This means advocating for conservation and rural development; providing assistance to forests, cities, and communities working to improve their natural environment; and developing the scientific and technical knowledge to achieve our goals. There is plenty of work to be done to preserve and protect our natural resources, and we want you to be a part of it!
Get Paid to Make a Difference
Now is your chance to follow your passion and make a difference for a living. Learn about monetary earnings and leave time for employees with the Forest Service:
- General Schedule (GS) Locality Pay Tables
- Federal Wage System Pay Schedules
- Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) General Schedule Locality Pay Tables
- Special Rate Tables
- Executive & Senior Level Employee Pay Tables
Employment at the Forest Service has its benefits! Your eligibility depends on your position, length of employment, and whether your job is full time, part time, or intermittent.
- Flexible Work Schedules
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
- Incentives and Awards
- Family-Friendly Leave Policies
- Employee Assistance and Referral Programs
- Commuter Subsidies
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits
- Retirement Benefits and Thrift Savings Plan
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness, Fitness, and Other Benefits
The Forest Service is committed to diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion that awakens and strengthens all people's connections to the land and each other. To excel as a high-performing agency, our current efforts are focused on three main objectives:
- Recruit a diverse workforce
- Promote an inclusive culture
- Attract and retain top employees
We Value Veterans
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our career opportunities are open to veterans. We value the experience, commitment, and work ethic that veterans bring to the job, as well as their skills and expertise. We proudly provide opportunities to those who wish to continue working for their country.