Jobs Near You
Check out the information below (click the dropdown) to learn more about Forest Service temporary jobs near you, including application timeframes and points of contact.
Positions range from archeology technician to visitor information assistant. Seasonal jobs help the Forest Service achieve our mission by contributing to forest health, resource protection and fire prevention and suppression.
- Forestry Technician (Fire) – Join the wildland fire organization as a seasonal firefighter assigned to wildfire suppression, prescribed burning, and fire prevention and preparedness.
- Forestry Technician (Recreation) – Provide visitors to our national forests with safe access to a variety of recreational opportunities by maintaining, repairing and monitoring recreation sites, trails and campgrounds.
- Forestry Technician (Timber) – Help manage and conserve our national forests by evaluating forest conditions and collecting data, planting and pruning trees, and assisting with timber sales.
- Biological Science Technician (Wildlife) – Help protect and conserve wildlife by assessing animal populations, restoring and monitoring habitat, and evaluating projects for their effect on native species.
- Biological Science Technician (Plants) – Help protect and conserve trees, forbs, grasses and other plants by conducting surveys, inventorying threatened and endangered plant species, and collecting and planting seeds.
- Hydrologic Technician – Work closely with engineers, fish biologists and soils scientists to assess and protect the health of lakes, streams and springs on our national forests.
- And many more! Explore your opportunities today!
Help is Available
The How to Apply webpage has helpful information to help with the application process.
Human Resources Management is here to help. Contact us with questions about your application by calling 1-877-372-7248, select Option 2, and follow the prompts. The Contact Center is open from 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (MST) Monday through Friday, and closed on all federal holidays.
If you are interested in receiving updates about this hiring event, send an email with your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.