How to Apply
Step 1: Create a USAJOBS account and/or login to existing USAJOBS account and review profile
Step 2: Search for Forest Service job opportunities
Step 3: Tailor resume for the job you are applying
Step 4: Upload resume or create a resume using the USAJOBS Resume Builder
Step 5: Upload required documents (refer to Required Documents section on job vacancy)
- Receive email notifications from USAJOBS regarding your application by clicking on “Notification Settings” in the “Application Status” tab and selecting the notification alerts you wish to receive.
- Set up saved job searches to automatically search for jobs based on your search criteria and send you email notifications about other job opportunities.
- Tips for Applicants is a guide to understanding and completing the Forest Service application process.
- How to Apply video by the Office of Personnel Management provides tips for finding and applying for jobs within the US government.
- Tailor your resume to each job in which you are applying
- Spell out acronyms
- Be honest
- Write clear and concise statements
- Use active verbs
- Proofread your resume
Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
The Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) provides temporary employees of federal land management agencies opportunity to compete for permanent competitive service positions. If you are/were a temporary employee of a land management agency and are interested in applying for permanent positions under this Act, refer to the Applicant Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). It is recommended to request the required documentation as soon as possible. All required documents are to be submitted in your application.
Required Documents When Using a Hiring Authority
When applying to job openings and claiming a Hiring Authority, you must submit specific documents in addition to the required documents listed on the job opportunity announcement. Please refer to the Required Documents for Hiring Authorities Quick Guide for specific required documentation.
Questions? Contact Us!
Human Resources Management is here to help. Contact us with questions about your application by calling 1-877-372-7248, select Option 2, and follow the prompts. The Contact Center is open from 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (MST) Monday through Friday, and closed on all federal holidays.