Contracts & Commercial Permits

Greening, Community Building

Chief Tidwell takes part in a ceremonial tree planting after the agency awarded $181,000 to Urban Releaf of Oakland, Calif. The money supports the Green Street Research, Demonstration and Education Project as well as tree planting and maintenance through Oakland. The project includes public education about water conservation.

Contracting with the Forest Service

We want to do business with you. Forest Service contractors perform a wide range of services including housekeeping, fire and aviation support, construction, transportation, equipment leasing, special studies and analyses, information technology and professional, management and administrative support. However, the Forest Service, as with other federal agencies,  are under strict guidance of how we can or cannot work with you.  Here’s how to get started:

Commercial permits

Each year, the Forest Service receives thousands of individual and business applications for authorization for use of public land we manage. The agency’s special-use program, which follows agency policy and federal law, allows uses of those lands that provide a benefit to the general public and protect public and natural resources values. Contact your local forest or grassland where you want to use the permit for more information.