The Federal Land Recreation Enhancement Act gives the Secretaries of Agriculture and Interior authority to establish, modify, charge and collect recreation fees on public lands. The act also requires the establishment of Recreation Resource Advisory Committees.
- Eastern Region Recreation RAC: Covers Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine. Email Eastern Recreation RAC
- Southern Region Recreation RAC Site: Covers Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Puerto Rico. Email Southern Regional Office.
- Pacific Northwest Recreation RAC: Covers Oregon and Washington. Email Pacific Northwest Regional Office.
- Pacific Southwest Recreation RAC - Covers the state of California. Email Pacific Southwest Regional Office
- Colorado Recreation RAC: Covers Colorado and Kansas. Email Rocky Mountain Region.
U.S. Department of Agriculture Federal Advisory Committee list.