Tall Forb Community Poster
The Western narrative is one of spellbinding landscapes - a place of immense skies and majestic mountains where rivers arise and nourish the dry valleys below, a land of dreams and unfettered imagination. Nowhere is this more magnificent than in the subalpine parklands where remnant tall forb wildflower fields are strewn among the high plateaus and peaks of the Intermountain West. Art and design by Steve Buchanan.
- Rangeland Cover Types of the United States (PDF, 13.1 MB). Society for Range Management. 1994.
- Tall Forb (SRM 409) Cover Type [Excerpt] (PDF, 166 KB). From Rangeland Cover Types of the United States. Society for Range Management. 1994.
- Restoring Western Ranges and Wildlands (PDF). United States Forest Service Rocky Mountain Research Station. General Technical Report RMRS-GTR-136-vol. 1. September 2004.
- Successional Changes in the Tall Forb Type Wasatch Plateau (PDF, 5.2 MB). By Mont E. Lewis. 1991.
- Vegetation changes on the Manti-La Sal National Forest: A Photographic Study Using Comparative Photographs from 1902-1992 (PDF, 26.7 MB). U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, Intermountain Region, Manti-La Sal National Forest.
- Wasatch Wildflowers: A Field Guide by Steve Hegjii. 2010.