News and Events Archive
Keep track of past Tribal Relations news and events.
- Proposed Tribal Relations Directives
The U.S. Forest Service sought public comment on formalizing a proposed policy to expand the mutually beneficial work it conducts with American Indian and Alaska Native tribes, and Alaska Native corporations. Tribal consultation and public comment for the proposed Tribal Relations Directives ended on September 22, 2015.
- News Release
- Federal Register Notice
- Forest Service Handbook (PDF, 460 KB)
- Forest Service Manual (PDF, 945 KB)
- Webinars regarding the proposed directives were hosted each Wednesday between August 26 and September 16, 2015. You may view the PowerPoint presentation for the webinars (PDF, 1.7 MB).
- Forest Planning Rule Collaboration & Public Involvement: Tribal Relations
- Forest Service Planning Rule [Second] National Tribal Conference Call (August 5, 2010) (PDF, 340 KB) - Summary of Participant Input for the second national tribal conference call of August 5, 2010.
- Forest Service Planning Rule [First] National Tribal Conference Call (May 3, 2010) (PDF, 162 KB) - Summary of Participant Input for the first national tribal conference call of May 3, 2010.
- You may check the USDA Forest Service Forest Planning Rule website for information regarding the second national tribal conference call of August 6, 2010. We will post a summary of that meeting when it becomes available.
Tribal Relations News
- Winter 2017 (PDF, 4.1 MB)
- Fall 2016 (PDF, 2.1 MB)
- Summer 2016 (PDF, 3.0 MB)
- Spring 2016 (PDF, 3.7 MB)
- Winter 2016 (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- Fall 2014 (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Summer 2014 (PDF, 3.5 MB)
- Spring 2014 (PDF, 3.2 MB)
- Winter 2014 (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Fall 2013 (PDF, 3.6 MB)
- Summer 2013 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Spring 2013 (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Winter 2013 (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- Fall 2012 (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- Summer 2012 (PDF, 2.9 MB)
- Spring 2012 (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- Winter 2012 (PDF, 1.2 MB)
News from OTR
Newsletters about Tribal Relations topics from the U.S. Forest Service Office of Tribal Relations (OTR) Program.