About Us | Contact Us | FAQs | Newsroom

[design image slice] U.S. Department of Agriculture 
    Forest Service on faded trees in medium light green background [design image slice] more faded trees
[design image] green box with curved corner
[design image] green and cream arch

About the Program
Applying for a Permit
Commercial Recreation Activities
Firewood & Other Products
For Existing Uses
Noncommercial Group Uses
River & Wilderness Uses
Campground Concession
Communication Sites
Cost Recovery
Fees and Payments
Filming on Forest Service Lands
Outfitting and Guide Links
Recreation Residence(NEW)
BLM Lands and Realty Internet Page
BLM Internet Home Page
FS Internet Home Page

USDA Forest Service,
Lands and Realty Staff

1400 Independence Ave., SW
Mailstop 1124
Washington, DC 20250-1124
Phone: (202) 205-1248

Egov: My Government. My Terms – The President's 
E-government Intitatives.

FirstGov.gov: The United States Government's 
Official Web Portal.

Acrobat Reader

Special Uses–Applying for a Permit

Firewood & and Other Products

Firewood and Other products are not Special Use Permits and are covered under different authorities. Collecting firewood or other products for personal use is available on many National Forests and BLM Units. These activities may require a permit. Contact your local National Forest or BLM office first to see if they offer permits. A few links are provided. Remember, all commercial uses or removal of products on public lands require a permit.

Looking for information on Fuel wood, Christmas Tree permits, mushrooms, or other forest products for personal use? Information on the availability, price and application process must be obtained from the National Forest which you desire to obtain the product.

Go to the following webpage to view a listing of national forest/grassland by state or by forest name.

USDA Forest Service
Last modified: Friday, 29-Mar-2013 17:40:31 CDT

USDA logo which links to the department's national site. Forest Service logo which links to the agency's national site. A link to USDA's home page A link to the U.S. Forest Service's home page