*Accessing Each Other's Timekeeping Systems
*Service First Examples Library
*Supervisor's Handbook & SF Steps page
*Offset Plan SOP & Example
*Remote Password Change & BLM Intranet Access via DOI Apps Store
*DOI Pay Calendars
*FS Pay Calendars
*DOI Quicktime Time and Attendance
* FS Computer Access
Welcome to the Service First – Working Together web site.
Service First is a partnership authority available to all agencies of the US Department of Agriculture and US Department of the Interior.
The Consolidated Appropriations Act for fiscal year 2012 made the Service First authority permanent. In fiscal year 2014, the Consolidated Appropriations Act extended the authority to all bureaus and offices of either Department (Public Law 113-76, Sec. 430.).
In the Spotlight:
- Service First Fund: Update April 2016: The Department of Interior has completed the Service First Fund competitive process. Over 80 proposals were received, reflecting the excellent collaborative work taking place across the landscape involving many USDI agencies and the US Forest Service. Congratulations to those projects that were selected!
- Find resources and collaborate at
- View a new Service First video created for the Partnership and Community Collaboration Academy featuring Shane Hershman: Service First in Action
- Accessing Each Other's Timekeeping Systems (397 KB PDF)
- Service First Success Tracker (2,121 KB PDF Form)
- National Service First Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), September 2013(192 KB PDF)
- Service First Strategy: Moving Service First Forward (386 KB PDF)
- Committee Report on Service First, August 2013 (374 KB PDF)
- Making a difference for the people we serve and resources entrusted to us - Check out our Success Stories!
- What, Where and How Service First Poster based on best available information in 2011
(3,619 KB PDF)
- National Master Interagency Agreement, February 2012 (175 KB PDF)
- Keep up-to-date on Service First developments - join our mailing list!
Service First is a way for the agencies to explore alternative methods of delivering one-stop customer service to the public, sharing people and resources, and harmonizing similar work.
Service First is not an effort to create one agency out of the four agencies. Rather, it creates expectations for working together, as appropriate, to improve customer service and operational efficiency.
This web site contains information to help you determine if Service First is right for you and tools to help you partner with other agencies.