2019 Wood Innovations Program Request for Proposals.
- October 24, 2018 - Issuance of Request for Proposals
- February 25, 2019 - New proposal submission deadline – please note that there will be no additional extensions. All proposals must be submitted to your Regional Coordinator by 5:00 pm local time on Feb 25th, even if the government is closed.
- May 1, 2019 - Approximate date for the U.S. Forest Service to notify applicants of results
- August 1, 2019 - Approximate date of award
The Wood Innovations Grants funding supports traditional wood utilization projects, expands wood energy markets, and promotes using wood as a construction material in commercial buildings. These grants and cooperative agreements support the Agricultural Act of 2014 (Pub. L. 113–79), Rural Revitalization Technologies (7 U.S.C. 6601), and the nationwide challenge of disposing of hazardous fuels and other wood residues from the National Forest System and other forest lands in a manner that supports wood products and wood energy markets.
The Forest Service supports proposals that significantly stimulate or expand wood products and wood energy markets that support the long-term management of National Forest System and other forest lands. The 2019 Request for Proposals focuses on the following priorities:
- Reduce hazardous fuels and improve forest health on National Forest System and other forest lands;
- Reduce costs of forest management on all land types; and
- Promote economic and environmental health of communities.
For detailed information on the application process, visit the 2019 Wood Innovations Program Request for Proposals