Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program
Complete Commitment to Restoration
The purpose of the Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program is to encourage the collaborative, science-based ecosystem restoration of priority forest landscapes.
The 2018 Farm Bill, which became law on December 20, 2018, includes a reauthorization of the Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program through fiscal year 2023. As more information becomes available, we will post it here. In the meantime, see the Farm Bill language about CFLRP (amendments to the original 2009 CFLRP legislation on pg. 376).
New Report from the Global Partnership on Forest Landscape Restoration Highlights CFLRP
The report includes a case study featuring the Uncompahgre Plateau CFLRP project in Colorado alongside research and examples of restoration approaches from around the world.
Report Released! "Strategies for Success Under Forest Service Restoration Authorities"
Between April-September of 2017 third-party researchers investigated Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program (CFLRP) and the Joint Chiefs’ Landscape Restoration Partnership (JCLRP) to obtain detailed perspective about our questions and reach external partners. The objectives were to understand the value added by the CFLRP and JCLRP, to identify factors that support success and persistent challenges, and to inform future implementation and design of collaborative restoration approaches.
- Results from the 2016 Collaborative Restoration Workshop
- Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program 5-Year Report (PDF, 4.4 MB)
- 2014 Annual CFLRP Reports are available…
- U.S. Forest Service Open Space Conservation (PDF, 4.1 MB)
- Trail Restoration Projects, Volunteers Work Together to Help Enhance Lincoln’s Trail Systems (PDF, 512 KB)
- 2012 Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program project selections and work plans…
Peer Learning Sessions
The Forest Service with the National Forest Foundation hosts and is recording a series of peer learning sessions about Collaborative Forest Landscape Restoration Program issues. Read more…