607 Reserve St.
Phone: 501-623-1180 x112
Contact Virginia McDaniel
- Fuel consumption during prescribed fires
- Effect of prescribed fire on the ecological communities of the Interior Highlands
- Effect of lightning ignition fires on tree mortality during a drought
- Herbaceous flora of pine woodland communities
- Western Kentucky University, M.S. Biology 2000
- Grinnell College, B.S. Biology 1996
- Keyser, Tara L.; McDaniel, Virginia L.; Klein, Robert N.; Drees, Dan G.; Burton, Jesse A.; Forder, Melissa M. 2018. Short-term stem mortality of 10 deciduous broadleaved species following prescribed burning in upland forests of the southern US.
- Perry, Roger W.; Jordan, Phillip N.; McDaniel, Virginia L. 2017. Effects of repeated burning on snag abundance in shortleaf pine woodlands.
- McDaniel, Virginia L.; Perry, Roger W.; Koerth, Nancy E.; Guldin, James M. 2016. Evaluation of FOFEM fuel loading and consumption estimates in pine-oak forests and woodlands of the Ouachita Mountains, Arkansas, USA.
- McDaniel, Virginia L.; Guldin, James M.; Koerth, Nancy E.; Milks, Jason E.; Finzer, Rebecca J.; Rowland, Ben F. 2016. Tree mortality following a drought-year lightning ignition in the Ouachita Mountains, Arkansas: 2 years postburn.
- Perry, Roger W.; McDaniel, Virginia L. 2015. Temperatures below leaf litter during winter prescribed burns: implications for litter-roosting bats.
- McDaniel, Virginia L.; Guldin, James M.; Perry, Roger W. 2012. Estimating fuel consumption during prescribed fires in Arkansas.
- Jenkins, Michael A.; Klein, Robert N.; McDaniel, Virginia L. 2011. Yellow pine regeneration as a function of fire severity and post-burn stand structure in the southern Appalachian Mountains.
|Fuel, Smoke, and Prescribed Fire in the Ouachita Mountains|
Prescribed burning is a key tool in restoration and management of native stands of southern pines in the southern U.S., but the smoke produced b ...