Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
Featured Publications & Products
- Jennings, Viniece; Johnson Gaither, Cassandra; Schulterbrandt Gragg, Richard. 2012. Promoting Environmental Justice Through Urban Green Space Access: A Synopsis.
- Pataki, Diane; Carreiro, Margaret; Cherrier, Jennifer; Grulke, Nancy; Jennings, Viniece; Pincetl, Stephanie; Pouyat, Richard; Whitlow, Thomas; Zipperer, Wayne. 2011. Coupling biogeochemical cycles in urban environments: Ecosystemservices, green solutions, and misconceptions.
- Marquet, Oriol ; Floyd, Myron F.; James, Peter ; Glanz, Karen ; Jennings, Viniece ; Jankowska, Marta M.; Kerr, Jacqueline ; Hipp, J. Aaron. 2018. Associations between worksite walkability, greenness, and physical activity around work.
- Rigolon, Alessandro ; Browning, Matthew ; Jennings, Viniece . 2018. Inequities in quality urban park systems: An environmental justice investigation of cities in the United States.
- Rigolon, Alessandro ; Browning, Matthew ; Jennings, Viniece . 2018. Inequities in the quality of urban park systems: an environmental justice investigation of cities in the United States.
- Tsai, Wei-Lun ; McHale, Melissa ; Jennings, Viniece ; Marquet, Oriol ; Hipp, J. ; Leung, Yu-Fai ; Floyd, Myron . 2018. Relationships between characteristics of urban green land cover and mental health in U S metropolitan areas.
- Jennings, Viniece; Floyd, Myron F.; Shanahan, Danielle; Coutts, Christopher; Sinykin, Alex. 2017. Emerging issues in urban ecology: implications for research, social justice, human health, and well-being.
- Schelhas, John; Hitchner, Sarah; Johnson Gaither, Cassandra; Jennings, Viniece. 2017. Sunshine, sweat, and tears : African-American ties to land and forests in the south.
- Jennings, Viniece; Larson, Lincoln; Yun, Jessica. 2016. Advancing sustainability through urban green space: cultural ecosystem services, equity, and social determinants of health.
- Jennings, Viniece L.; Larson, Claire K.; Larson, Lincoln R. 2016. Ecosystem services and preventive medicine a natural connection.
- Larson, Lincoln R.; Keith, Samuel J.; Fernandez, Mariela; Hallo, Jeffrey C.; Shafer, C. Scott; Jennings, Viniece. 2016. Ecosystem services and urban greenways: What's the public's perspective.
- Schelhas, John; Hitchner, Sarah; Johnson Gaither, Cassandra; Fraser, Rory; Jennings, Viniece; Diop, Amadou. 2016. Engaging African American landowners in sustainable forest management.
- Jennings, Viniece; Yun, Jessica; Larson, Lincoln . 2016. Finding common ground: environmental ethics, social justice, and a sustainable path for nature-based health promotion.
- Larson, Lincoln R.; Jennings, Viniece; Cloutier, Scott A. 2016. Public parks and wellbeing in urban areas of the United States.
- Jennings, Viniece; Johnson Gaither, Cassandra. 2015. Approaching environmental health disparities and green spaces: An ecosystem services perspective.
|Advancing Sustainability through Urban Green Space: Cultural Ecosystem Services, Equity, and Social Determinants of Health|
Although the benefits of urban forests, gardens, parks, and other green spaces have been documented, the nuances of this relationship continue t ...
|Public Parks and Wellbeing in Urban Areas of the United States|
The amount of urban green space is among the strongest predictors of city dwellers' overall wellbeing, report Forest Service scientists. Underst ...