Skip Van Bloem
Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
- Holm, Jennifer A; Van Bloem, Skip J; Larocque, Guy R; Shugart, Herman H. 2017. Shifts in biomass and productivity for a subtropical dry forest in response to simulated elevated hurricane disturbances.
- Jaime, Xavier A.; Van Bloem, Skip J.; Koch, Frank H.; Nelson, Stacy A. C. 2017. Spread of common native and invasive grasses and ruderal trees following anthropogenic disturbances in a tropical dry forest.
- Wolfe, Brett T.; Saldaña Diaz, Gabriel E.; Van Bloem, Skip J. 2014. Fire resistance in a Caribbean dry forest: inferences from the allometry of bark thickness.
- Thaxton, Jarrod M.; Van Bloem, Skip J.; Whitmire, Stefanie. 2012. FUEL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH NATIVE AND EXOTIC GRASSES IN A SUBTROPICAL DRY FOREST IN PUERTO RICO.
- Holm, Jennifer A.; Shugart, H.H.; Van Bloem, Skip J.; Larocque, G.R. 2012. Gap model development, validation, and application to succession of secondary subtropical dry forests of Puerto Rico.
- Wolfe, Brett T.; Van Bloem, S.J. 2012. Subtropical dry forest regeneration in grass-invaded areas of Puerto Rico: understanding why Leucaena leucocephala dominates and native species fail.
- Van Bloem, Skip J.; Lugo, Ariel E.; Murphy, Peter G. 2006. Structural response of Caribbean dry forests to hurricane winds: a case study from Guanica Forest, Puerto Rico..
- Van Bloem, Skip J.; Murphy, Peter G.; Lugo, Ariel E.; Ostertag, Rebecca; Rivera Costa, Maria; Ruiz Bernard, Ivelisse; Molina Colon, Sandra; Canals Mora, Miguel. 2005. The Influence of Hurricane Winds on Caribbean Dry Forest Structure and Nutrient Pools.
|Novel secondary forests provide valuable habitat for non-vascular plants|
The value of secondary forests dominated by introduced species has been the subject of much debate. Forest Service sponsored research in Puerto ...
|Population Dynamics of Big-leaf Mahogany in the Brazilian Amazon|
The Mahogany Project seeks to understand what makes big-leaf mahogany 'tick' in southeast Amazonia by monitoring vital rates for all stages of i ...