Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
Featured Publications & Products
- Hiremath, Shiv; Lehtoma, Kirsten; Nagle, Annemarie; Bonello, Pierluigi. 2011. Screening for Phytophthora cinnamomi in reclaimed mined lands targeted for American chestnut restoration projects.
- Hiremath, Shiv; Lehtoma, Kirsten; Hebard, Fred. 2009. Use of SSR-primers for progeny selection in a chestnut breeding program.
- Hiremath, Shiv; Lehtoma, Kirsten; Podila, Gopi K. 2009. Identification of a small heat-shock protein associated with a ras-mediated signaling pathway in ectomycorrhizal symbiosis.
- Hiremath, Shiv; Lohtoma, Kirsten. 2008. Molecular identification of ectomycorrhizal fungi associated with the American chestnut.
- Hiremath, Shiv; Lehtoma, Kirsten. 2007. Ectomycorrhizal fungi forming symbiotic association with the American chestnut.
- Hiremath, Shivanand; Lehtoma, Kirsten; Bauman, Jenise M. 2014. Native mycorrhizal fungi replace introduced fungal species on Virginia pine and American chestnut planted on reclaimed mine sites of Ohio.
- Bauman, Jenise M.; Byrne, Caitlin; Hiremath, Shiv. 2013. Ailanthus altissima interfers with beneficial symbionts and negetively sic impacts oak regeneration.
- Hiremath, Shiv; McQuattie, Carolyn; Podila, Gopi; Bauman, Jenise. 2013. Molecular marker genes for ectomycorrhizal symbiosis.
- Hiremath, Shiv; Lehtoma, Kirsten; Nicklow, Mike; Willison, Gary. 2013. Pyrolusite Process® to remove acid mine drainage contaminants from Kimble Creek in Ohio: A pilot study.
- Bauman, Jenise M.; Keiffer, Carolyn H.; Hiremath, Shiv; McCarthy, Brian C. 2013. Soil preparation methods promoting ectomycorrhizal colonization and American chestnut Castanea dentata establishment in coal mine restoration.
- Hiremath, Shiv; Lehtoma, Kirsten; Bauman, Jenise M. 2013. Survey for the presence of Phytophthora cinnamomi on reclaimed mined lands in Ohio chosen for restoration of the American chestnut.
- Bauman, Jenise M.; Keiffer, Carolyn H.; Hiremath, Shiv. 2012. Facilitation of American chestnut (Castanea dentata) seedling establishment by Pinus virginiana in mine restoration.
- Bauman, Jenise M.; Keiffer, Carolyn H.; Hiremath, Shiv. 2012. The efficiency of introduced pisolithus tinctorius inoculum on backcrossed chestnut germination and survival.
- Bauman, Jenise M.; Keiffer, Carolyn H.; Hiremath, Shiv. 2011. The influence of inoculated and native ectomycorrhizal fungi on morphology, physiology and survival of American chestnut.
- Hiremath, Shiv; Lehtoma, Kirsten; Hebard, Fred. 2007. Blight-resistant American chestnut trees: selection of progeny from a breeding program.
- Hiremath, Shiv T.; Balasubramanian, Sujata; Zheng, Jun; Podila, Gopi K. 2006. Symbiosis-regulated expression of an acetyl-CoA acetyltransferase gene in the ectomycorrhizal fungus Laccaria bicolor.
- Hiremath, Shivanand T.; Fikes, Martha; Ichida, Audrey. 1991. Construction of a transfer vector for a clonal isolate of LdNPV.
|Novel Ectomycorrhizal Fungus Beneficial for Restoration of the American Chestnut in Reclaimed Mined Sites|
A major problem in reforestation efforts on nutrient-poor abandoned mined lands are the survival and establishment of planted seedlings in the h ...