Stephen P. Baker
5775 US West Highway 10
Contact Stephen P. Baker
My research includes ground based sampling of fire emissions in the US and Mexico, ground and helicopter emission sampling in Siberia, and the development of emission factors. I perform and oversee laboratory analysis of fire emissions with gas chromatography, filters, and analysis of fuel chemical content. My current research interests are a field project in Siberia measuring the effect of fire intensity on soil respiration rates and recovery, measuring greenhouse gas emissions from power plants that burn sawmill waste, and analyzing synthetic gas composition and emissions from logging residue utilization biofuel production facilities.
- Northern Arizona Univ., B.S. Chemistry
- University of Montana, M.S. Forest Ecology/ Soil Mineralization 1988
Featured Publications & Products
- Weise, David R.; Johnson, Timothy J.; Hao, WeiMin ; Princevac, Marko ; Scharko, Nicole ; Oeck, Ashley ; Myers, Tanya L.; Baker, Steve ; Lincoln, Emily ; Aminfar, AmirHessam . 2018. Measurement of pyrolysis products from mixed fuel beds during fires in a wind tunnel.
- Samsonov, Y. N.; Ivanov, V. A.; McRae, D. J.; Baker, S. P. 2012. Chemical and dispersal characteristics of particulate emissions from forest fires in Siberia.
- Baker, S.; Bogorodskaya, A. V. 2010. The effect of fire intensity on soil respiration in Siberia boreal forest.
- McRae, Douglas J.; Baker, Steve P.; Samsonov, Yuri N.; Ivanova, Galina A. 2009. Fire emissions in central Siberia.
- Anderson, Nathaniel; Jones, J. Greg; Page-Dumroese, Deborah; McCollum, Daniel; Baker, Stephen; Loeffler, Daniel; Chung, Woodam. 2013. A comparison of producer gas, biochar, and activated carbon from two distributed scale thermochemical conversion systems used to process forest biomass.
- McRae, D. J.; Conard, Susan; Ivanova, G. A.; Sukhinin, A. I.; Baker, Steve; Samsonov, Y. N.; Blake, T. W.; Ivanov, V. A.; Ivanov, A. V.; Churkina, T. V.; Hao, WeiMin; Koutzenogij, K. P.; Kovaleva, Nataly. 2006. Variability of fire behavior, fire effects, and emissions in Scotch pine forests of central Siberia.