Supervisory Research Chemist
One Gifford Pinchot Drive
Contact Sam Williams
Featured Publications & Products
- Burke, Edward; Slavik, Norm; Bonura, Tony; Connelly, Dennis; Faris, Tom; Nebelsick, Arnie; Stuart, Brent; Williams, Sam; Wiedenhoeft, Alex C. 2010. Understanding extractive bleed : wood extractives: distribution, properties, and classes.
- Williams, R. Sam. 2009. Testing painted wood : past practices at the Forest Products Laboratory and recommendations for future research.
- White, Christopher C.; Tan, Kar Tean; Hunston, Donald L.; Williams, R. Sam. 2009. Durability of building joint sealants.
- Williams, R. Sam; Knaebe, Mark; Sotos, Peter. 2008. Effect of surface preparation on service life of top-coats applied to weathered primer paint.
- Williams, R. Sam; Feist, William C. 2007. Service life of finishes on smooth-planed and saw-textured western redcedar bevel siding.
- Bonura, Tony; Dwyer, Jack; Nebelsick, Arnie; Stuart, Brent; Williams, R. Sam; Hunt, Christopher. 2011. Installation, care, and maintenance of wood shake and shingle roofs.
- Dwyer, Jack; Bonura, Tony; Nebelsick, Arnie; Williams, Sam; Hunt, Christopher G. 2011. Installation, care, and maintenance of wood shake and shingle siding.
- Tshabalala, Mandla A; Williams, Sam. 2008. Sol-gel modification of wood substrates to retard weathering.
- Williams, R. Sam; Lacher, Steven; Halpin, Corey; White, Christopher. 2006. Evaluation of materials during outdoor testing using a computer-controlled test apparatus.
- Kataoka, Yutaka; Kiguchi, Makoto; Williams, R. Sam; Evans, Philip D. 2006. The effects of wavelength on photodegradation depth profiles in Japanese cedar (Cryptomeria japonica D. Don) earlywood.
- Daniels, Tom; Hirsch, Marc; McClelland, Ken; Ross, Alan; Williams, Sam. 2000. Best of both worlds : clear exterior finishes : in search of finishes that protect wood without hiding its natural beauty.
Last updated on : 05/08/2015