One Gifford Pinchot Drive
Contact Roderquita Moore
Our goal is to build upon analytical methods designed to characterize and identify complex mixtures. These methods coupled with 2 D methods will be utilize to generate comprehensive knowledge for the separation of chemical components of biomass. The development of algorithms from 2D analysis will maximize the separation for identifying processes for various biomass species.
- Pulping and biorefinery processes
- Identify and characterize anti-microbial components generated during fungal attack
- Wood's Chemical Composition (degraded lignin and extractive).
- Capillary Electrophoresis coupled with Mass Spectrometry
- Comprehensive Multi-Dimensional Gas Chromatography
- Identification and characterization of chemical components of various biomass species (carbohydrates, lignin, resin and fatty acids)
- Instruments used for characterization and identification: GCXGC TOF, CE-ESI-MS, TOC, UV-Vis, NMR, HPLC, FTIR, GC/MS, ICP-OES, CI/EI
- Clark Atlanta University, Atlanta, Georgia, Ph.D. Analytical Chemistry 2009
- Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama, M.S. Chemistry 2001
- Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, Alabama, B.S. Chemistry 1997
- American Chemical Society (ACS), Member
- National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers (NOBCChE), Member
- Moore, Roderquita; Dietenberger, Mark; Mann, Doreen; Lebow, Patricia; Weise, David R. 2022. Utilizing two-dimensional gas chromatography time of flight mass spectrometry (GCxGC ToFMS) to characterize volatile products from pyrolysis of living vegetation foliage.
- Moore, Roderquita; Gleisner, Roland; Houtman, Carl. 2021. Biodegradability of Lactide Caprolactone Macromonomers in Wastewater.
- Moore, Roderquita K.; Mann, Doreen ; Matt, Frederick ; Dietenberger, Mark ; Weise, David . 2020. Characterization of fetterbush Lyonia lucida liquid extractions.
- Moore, Roderquita K.; Mann, Doreen . 2020. Classification of chemicals in black locust Robinia pseudoacacia wood and bark.
- Moore, Roderquita K.; Mann, Doreen . 2020. Investigation of inkberry Ilex glabra L. Gray (Aquifoliaceae) solvent fractions using two-dimensional gas chromatography technology..
- Moore, Roderquita K.; Mann, Doreen . 2020. Two-dimensional gas chromatography characterization of saw palmetto Serenoa repens chemical composition.
- Moore, Roderquita K.; Mann, Doreen; Epstein, Gabriel; Wagner, Phoebe; Hinkforth, Brett; Hyunji, Jun. 2017. Characterization of extractives in durable and non-durable hardwoods: Black locust, Catalpa, and Honey mesquite.
- Moore, Roderquita K.; Mann, Doreen; Epstein, Gabriel; Wagner, Phoebe; Hinkforth, Brett; Hyunji, Jun. 2017. Comparative characterization of extractives in Alaskan Yellow, Eastern Red, and Western Red Cedars.
- Moore, Roderquita K; Mann, Doreen; Yilgor, Nural. 2017. Comparative study of fungal deterioration in Liquidambar orientalis mill heartwood extractives.
- Moore, Roderquita K.; Leitch, Michael; Arellano-ruiz, Erick; Smaglick, Jonathon; Mann, Doreen. 2015. Mountain pine beetle infestation: GCxGCTOFMS and GC-MS of lodgepole pine (pinus contorta) acetone extractives.
- Moore, Roderquita K.; Smaglick, Jonathan; Arellano-ruiz, Erick; Leitch, Michael; Mann, Doreen. 2015. The effect of polarity of extractives on the durability of wood.
- Agarwal, Umesh P.; Ralph, Sally A.; Reiner, Richard S.; Moore, Roderquita K.; Baez, Carlos. 2014. Impacts of fiber orientation and milling on observed crystallinity in jack pine.
- Yilgor, Nural; Dogu, Dilek; Moore, Roderquita; Terzi, Evren; Kartal, S. Nami. 2013. Evaluation of Fungal Deterioration in Liquidambar orientalis Mill. heartwood by FT-IR and light microscopy..