Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
Featured Publications & Products
- Fischer, A. Paige. 2011. Reducing hazardous fuels on nonindustrial private forests: factors influencing landowner decisions.
- Fischer, A. Paige; Charnley, Susan. 2010. Social and cultural influences on management for carbon sequestration on US family forestlands: a literature synthesis.
- Koch, Geoffrey; Ager, Alan; Kline, Jeff; Fischer, Paige. 2016. Polishing the prism: improving wildfire mitigation planning by coupling landscape and social dimensions.
- Kline, Jeff; Ager, Alan A.; Fischer, Paige. 2015. A conceptual framework for coupling the biophysical and social dimensions of wildfire to improve fireshed planning and risk mitigation.
- Olsen, Christine S.; Mazzotta, Danielle K.; Toman, Eric; Fischer, A. Paige. 2014. Communicating about smoke from wildland fire: challenges and ways to address them.
- Fischer, A. Paige; Vance-Borland, Ken; Burnett, Kelly M.; Hummel, Susan; Creighton, Janean H.; Johnson, Sherri L.; Jasny, Lorien. 2014. Does the social capital in networks of fish and fire scientists and managers suggest learning.
- Spies, Thomas A.; White, Eric M.; Kline, Jeffrey D.; Fisher, A. Paige; Ager, Alan; Bailey, John; Bolte, John; Koch, Jennifer; Platt, Emily; Olsen, Christine S.; Jacobs, Derric; Shindler, Bruce; Steen-Adams, Michelle M.; Hammer, Roger. 2014. Examining fire-prone forest landscapes as coupled human and natural systems.
- Fischer, A. Paige; Kline, Jeffrey D.; Ager, Alan A.; Charnley, Susan; Olsen, Keith A. 2014. Objective and perceived wildfire risk and its influence on private forest landowners fuel reduction activities in Oregon s (USA) ponderosa pine ecoregion.
- Fischer, A. Paige; Paveglio, Travis; Carroll, Matthew; Murphy, Daniel; Brenkert-Smith, Hannah. 2013. Assessing social vulnerability to climate change in human communities near public forests and grasslands: a framework for resource managers and planners.
- Fischer, A. Paige; Kline, Jeffrey D.; Charnley, Susan; Olsen, Christine. 2013. Erratum to Identifying policy target groups with qualitative and quantitative methods: the case of wildfire risk on nonindustrial private forest lands Forest Policy and Economics. 25: 62 71.
- Fischer, Paige; Korejwa, Adam; Koch, Jennifer; Spies, Thomas; Olsen, Christine; White, Eric; Jacobs, Derric. 2013. Using the forest, people, fire agent-based social network model to investigate interactions in social-ecological systems.
- Fischer, A. Paige. 2012. Identifying policy target groups with qualitative and quantitative methods: the case of wildfire risk on nonindustrial private forest lands.
- Fischer, A. Paige; Charnley, Susan. 2012. Private forest owners and invasive plants: risk perception and management.
- Fischer, A. Paige; Charnley, Susan. 2012. Risk and cooperation: managing hazardous fuel in mixed ownership landscapes.
|Majority of surveyed family forest owners in eastern Oregon treat land to reduce wildfire risk|
This study identified the different types of landowners who might benefit from policies and programs for wildfire risk reduction. It also reveal ...
|Private Landowner Efforts to Mitigate Invasive Plants Linked to Threat Awareness|
Scientists with the Pacific Northwest Research Station investigated perception of risk among nonindustrial private forest owners in Oregon's pon ...