Nedialko T. Nikolov
2150 Centre Ave.
Contact Nedialko T. Nikolov
Mesoscale interactions between planetary boundary layer and land-surface ecosystem processes. Improving mesoscale weather forecasts through realistic simulation of ecosystem-atmosphere energy exchange. Process modeling of the biophysical exchange of energy and trace gases (i.e. CO 2 , H 2 O, and O 3 ) between terrestrial ecosystems and the atmosphere. Vegetation Remote Sensing - Retrieval of vegetation biophysical parameters (e.g. leaf area index, surface temperature etc.) from multispectral data. Prediction of regional ecosystem productivity and ozone uptake by combining satellite-derived LAI maps with ecosystem simulation models. Modeling ecosystem response to changes in climate and ambient CO 2 concentration.
- Higher Institute of Forestry, Bulgaria, B.S. Forestry 1985
- Higher Institute of Forestry, Bulgaria, M.S. Forestry 1986
- Colorado State University, Ph.D. Forest Ecology 1997
Featured Publications & Products
- Zachariassen, John; Zeller, Karl F.; Nikolov, Ned; McClelland, Tom. 2003. A review of the Forest Service Remote Automated Weather Station (RAWS) network.
- Graham, Russell; Finney, Mark; McHugh, Chuck; Cohen, Jack; Calkin, Dave; Stratton, Rick; Bradshaw, Larry; Nikolov, Ned. 2012. Fourmile Canyon Fire Findings.
- Nikolova, Ned; Zeller, Karl F. 2003. Modeling coupled interactions of carbon, water, and ozone exchange between terrestrial ecosystems and the atmosphere.
- Zeller, K. F.; Nikolov, N. T. 2000. Quantifying simultaneous fluxes of ozone, carbon dioxide and water vapor above a subalpine forest ecosystem.