Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
Featured Publications & Products
- Bengston, David N.; Dator, J.; Dockry, Mike; Yee, A. 2016. Alternative Futures for Forest-Based Nanomaterials: An Application of the Manoa Schools Alternative Futures Method.
- Dockry, Michael J.; Hall, Katherine; Van Lopik, William; Caldwell, Christopher M. 2015. Sustainable development education, practice, and research: an indigenous model of sustainable development at the College of Menominee Nation, Keshena, WI, USA.
- Dockry, Michael J. 2015. Looking back to move forward: collaborative planning to revise the Green Mountain and Finger Lakes National Forests land and resource management plans.
- Kurtz, Cassandra M.; Moser, W. Keith; Hansen, Mark H.; Gormanson, Dale D.; Hatfield, Mark A.; Sowers, Paul A.; Dockry, Michael J.; Emery, Marla R.; Woodall, Christopher W.; Walters, Brian F.; Domke, Grant M.; Gilbert, Jonathan; Wrobel, Alexandra. 2015. Forest resources within the Lake States ceded territories 1980 - 2013.
- Bengston, David; Dockry, Michael J. 2014. Forest futures in the Anthropocene: Can trees and humans survive together.
- Espinoza, Omar; Dockry, Michael J. 2014. Forest certification in Bolivia: A status report and analysis of stakeholder perspectives.
- DeVaney, Leif A.; Bengston, David N.; Dockry, Michael J.; Hines, Andy . 2019. Exploration of a Horizon Scanning Trend: Growing Indigenous Empowerment.
- Cowart, Adam ; Hines, Andy ; Callaway, Kurt ; Bengston, David N.; Dockry, Michael J. 2019. Forest Futures: A Guide for Scanners.
- Hines, Andy ; Bengston, David N.; Dockry, Michael J.; Cowart, Adam . 2019. Setting Up the Forest Futures Horizon Scanning System.
- Hines, Andy ; Bengston, David N.; Dockry, Michael J., comps. 2019. The Forest Futures Horizon Scanning project.
- Bengston, David N.; DeVaney, Leif A.; Dockry, Michael J.; Hines, Andy ; Kubik, George H.; Roe, Bo ; Romero, Maria . 2019. Using the Implications Wheel in Horizon Scanning: Exploring Implications of Growing Apathy Toward the Environment.
- Bengston, David N.; Dockry, Michael J.; Shifley, Stephen R. 2018. Anticipating cascading change in land use: Exploring the implications of a major trend in US northern forests.
- Dockry, Michael J.; Gutterman, Sophia A.; Davenport, Mae A. 2018. Building Bridges: Perspectives on Partnership and Collaboration from the US Forest Service Tribal Relations Program.
- Floress, Kristin; Haines, Anna; Usher, Emily; Gobster, Paul; Dockry, Mike. 2018. Landowner and visitor response to forest landscape restoration: the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest Lakewood Southeast Project.
- Hines, Andy ; Bengston, David N.; Dockry, Michael J.; Cowart, Adam . 2018. Setting Up a Horizon Scanning System: A U.S. Federal Agency Example.
- Dockry, Michael J.; Hoagland, Serra J. 2017. A Special Issue of the Journal of Forestry Tribal Forest Management: Innovations for Sustainable Forest Management.
- Bengston, David N.; Dockry, Mike; Shifley, Stephen R. 2017. Anticipating cascading change in forests: Seeking a deeper understanding of the future.
- Dockry, Michael J. 2015. Enhancing institutions and research through human diversity: reflections on diversity, inclusion, and the future of plant and natural resource sciences.
- Moser, W. Keith; Hansen, Mark H.; Gormanson, Dale; Gilbert, Jonathan; Wrobel, Alexandra; Emery, Marla R.; Dockry, Michael J. 2015. Paper birch (Wiigwaas) of the Lake States, 1980-2010.
- Emery, Marla R.; Wrobel, Alexandra; Hansen, Mark H.; Dockry, Michael; Moser, W. Keith; Stark, Kekek Jason; Gilbert, Jonathan H. 2014. Using traditional ecological knowledge as a basis for targeted forest inventory: paper birch (Betula papyrifera) in the US Great Lakes Region.
- Espinoza, Omar; Buehlmann, Urs; Dockry, Michael. 2013. Status of Forest Certification.
Citations of non US Forest Service Publications
- Michael J. Dockry. 2016. Book Review: American Indians and National Forests. By Theodore Catton. Foreword by Joel D. Holtrop. Tucson: University of Arizona Press, 2016. x + 374 pp. Illustrations, notes, bibliography, index. $39.95; ebook. Western Historical Quarterly. DOI: 10.1177/1946756716659650. (Invited Review)
Forest Service Research and Development tribal engagement roadmap. Farley, C., Ellersick, T., and Jasper, C. (eds). FS-1043. Mar. 2015. [Core team member/Co-author]. http://www.fs.fed.us/research/docs/tribal-engagement/consultation/roadmap.pdf
Sample, V.A., Birdsey, R.A., Houghton, R.A., Swanston, C., Hollinger, D., Dockry, M. 2015. Forest carbon conservation and management: integration with sustainable forest management for multiple resource values and ecosystem services. Accessed 5-11-2015 at http://www.pinchot.org/pubs/544
USDA Forest Service: Tribal Relations Strategic Framework for the Eastern Region, Northeastern Area State & Private Forestry, and Northern Research Station–2015. [Core team member/Co-author].
Whyte, K.P., M. Dockry, W. Baule, D. Fellman, 2014. Supporting tribal climate change adaptation planning through community participatory strategic foresight scenario development. In Project Reports. D. Brown, W. Baule, L. Briley, and E. Gibbons, (eds.). Great Lakes Science and Assessments Center. http://glisa.umich.edu/media/files/projectreports/GLISA_ProjRep_Strategic-Foresight.pdf
|Alternative Futures for Wood-based Nanomaterials|
Forest products researchers are exploring the potential of nano-products from wood. Possible uses of these renewable products could include high ...
|Integrating Traditional Ecological Knowledge into Natural Resource Inventories and Management of Paper Birch Trees|
The “Paper Birch in the Great Lakes” project is a collaborative effort to incorporate traditional ecological knowledge into research and nat ...
|Landowner Acceptance of a Pine Barrens Restoration Project|
Despite landowners’ uncertainty about long-term outcomes near a pine barrens restoration project on the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest, t ...
|Scientists Examine the Future of Forests in the Anthropocene|
Forest Service researchers analyzed the major issues and factors affecting forests in the decades ahead: deforestation, mega-fires, urban forest ...
|Tribal forestry provides innovations for sustainable forest management|
Tribal forestry is seen by many as a model for sustainability that can be used to improve the management of all forests. A recent effort by scie ...
|Urban native youth environmental education|
Lacrosse is a traditional sport that has been played by American Indian tribes for thousands of years. The impact of emerald ash borer on ash t ...