Mark Mankowski, E.
Contact Mark Mankowski, E.
- Lipeh, Shahlinney ; Schimleck, Laurence R.; Mankowski, Mark E., E. .; McDonald, Armando G.; Morrell, Jeffrey J. 2020. Relationship between attenuated total reflectance Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy of western juniper and natural resistance to fungal and termite attack.
- Hassan, Babar ; Ahmed, Sohail ; Kirker, Grant ; Mankowski, Mark E., E. .; Misbah ul Haq, Muhammad . 2020. Synergistic effect of heartwood extracts in combination with linseed oil as wood preservatives against subterranean termite Heterotermes indicola (Blattodea: Rhinotermitidae).
- Mankowski, Mark E., E. .; Konkler, Matthew ; Bell, Craig ; Kirker, Grant ; Morrell, Jeffery ; Renfroe, James . 2020. Using boron rods as a source for dual treatment.
- Hassan, Babar ; Mankowski, Mark E.; Kirker, Grant ; Ahmed, Sohail ; Bishell, Amy . 2019. Ex-situ performance of extracts from naturally durable heartwood species and their potential as wood preservatives.
- Lebow, Stan; Tang, Juliet; Kirker, Grant T.; Mankowski, Mark , E. . 2019. Guidelines for the selection and use of pressure-treated wood.
- Tisserat, Brent ; Eller, Fred J.; Mankowski, Mark E., E. . 2019. Properties of composite wood panels fabricated from Eastern redcedar employing various bio-based green adhesives.
- Mankowski, Mark; Kirker, Grant ; Lebow, Stan ; Renfroe, James ; Morrell, Jeffrey J. 2019. The use of boron rods as a boron source for dual treated timber.
- Hassan, Babar ; Ahmed, Sohail ; Mehmood, Nasir ; Mankowski, Mark , E. .; Misbah-ul-Haq, Muhammad . 2019. Toxicity potential of heartwood extractives from two mulberry species against Heterotermes indicola.
- Hassan, Babar; Ahmed, Sohail; Kirker, Grant; Mankowski, Mark E, E. .; Misbah-ul-Haq, Muhammad. 2018. Antioxidant effects of four heartwood extractives on midgut enzyme activity in Heterotermes indicola (Blattodea: Rhinotermitidae).
- Mankowski, Mark E., E. .; Morrell, Jeffrey J. 2018. Carpenter ant-microbe interactions.
- Wang, J.Y. ; Stirling, R. ; Morris, Paul I; Taylor, A. ; Lloyed, J. ; Kirker, G. ; Lebow, S. ; Mankowski, M.E. . 2018. Durability of mass timber structures: a review of the biological risks.
- Hassan, Babar ; Ahmed, Sohail ; Mankowski, Mark , E. .; Kirker, Grant ; Ibach, Rebecca ; Misbah ul Haq, Muhammad . 2018. Effects of Teak, Tectona grandis Linn, heartwood extractives against Heterotermes indicola (Isoptera: Rhinotermitidae).
- Hassan, B ; Mankowski, M , E. .; Kirker, G ; Clausen, C ; Ahmed, S. . 2018. Effects of White Mulberry (Morus alba) Heartwood Extract Against Reticulitermes flavipes (Blattodea: Rhinotermitidae).
- Eller, F.J.; Hay, W.T.; Kirker, G.T.; Mankowski, M.E., E. .; Sellling, G.W. 2018. Hexadecyl ammonium chloride amylose inclusion complex to emulsify cedarwood oil and treat wood against termites and wood-decay fungi.
- Mankowski, Mark E., E. .; Lebow, Stan ; Kirker, Grant . 2018. Incising and site effects on long-term durability of pressure-treated refractory wood species.
- Lebow, Stan T.; Arango, Rachel A.; Lebow, Patricia K.; Kirker, Grant T.; Mankowski, Mark E., E. .; Halverson, Steven A. 2018. Northeastern United States species treated with copper-based preservatives: Durability in mississippi stake tests.
- Mankowski, Mark E., E. .; Shelton, Thomas G.; Kirker, Grant ; Morrell, Jeffrey J. 2018. Ongoing field evaluation of Douglas-fir cross-laminated timber in a ground proximity protected test in Mississippi.
- Hassan, Babar; Ahmed, Sohail; Mankowski, Mark, E. .; Kirker, Grant. 2017. Comparison of performance of wood extractives as preservatives in field tests against termites and decay in the USA and Pakistan.
- Hassan, Babar; Mankowski, Mark E., E. .; Kirker, Grant; Ahmed, Sohail. 2017. Effects of heartwood extractives on symbiotic protozoan communities and mortality in two termite species.
- Mankowski, Mark E., E. .; Lebow, Stan; Kirker, Grant; Gjovik, Lee. 2017. Long term durability of solid heartwood stakes treated with ACA or CCA.
- Hassan, Barbar; Mankowski, Mark ; Kirker, Grant T.; Ahmed, Sohail; ul Haq, Muhammad Misbah. 2016. Antitermitic Activities of Shisham (Dalbergia Sissoo Roxb.) Heartwood Extractives against two Termite Species.
- Kirker, Grant T.; Lebow, Stan L.; Mankowski, Mark E., E. . 2016. Comprehensive overview of FPL field testing conducted in the tropics (1945-2005).
- Mankowski, Mark, E. .; Boyd, Blossie; Webb, Geoffrey. 2016. Effects of permethrin treated wood on the subterranean termite Reticulitermes flavipes (Kollar) and comparison of solvent extraction for HPLC analysis of permethrin in wood.
- Mankowski, Mark ; Boyd, Blossie; Hassan, Barbar; Kirker, Grant T. 2016. GC-MS Characterizations of Termiticidal Heartwood Extractives from Wood Species Utilized in Pakistan.
- Mankowski, Mark ; Hassan, Barbar; Blodgett, Amy; Kirker, Grant T. 2016. Laboratory evaluations of woods from Pakistan and their extractives against Postia placenta and Trametes versicolor.
- Shelton, Thomas; Fye, Donald; Tang, Juliet, D..; Mankowski, Mark, E. . 2015. Command Performance The USFS presents its annual Termiticide Report for 2014.
- Mankowski, Mark ; Manning, Mark J.; Slowik, Damien P. 2015. Durability of Capped Wood Plastic Composites.
|Effective utilization of naturally durable wood biomass offers an overlooked source of potential wood protectants|
Forest Service researchers at the Forest Products Laboratory in Madison, Wisc., are evaluating extractives as potential next-generation wood pre ...
|Effects of Diet on Brood Development in the Carpenter Ant|
A Forest Service scientist fed carpenter ants an artificial diet, and variations of this diet, with nutrient components removed to examine the e ...
|Going Big with Mass Timber Protection|
USDA Forest Service researchers are leading efforts to better understand mass timber as a next generation building material and provide safe eff ...
|USFS Termiticide Report for 2014|
The most recent efficacy data for termiticides currently on the market were reported as part of the USDA Forest Service Termiticide Testing Prog ...