Technical Information Specialist, Research Data Publishing
240 West Prospect Road
Contact Laurie Porth
Porth serves as production team leader for the Forest Service Research Data Archive (FS RDA; https://www.fs.usda.gov/rds/archive) which publishes research data funded by FS Research & Development or the Joint Fire Science Program. She maintains all specialized information content of the public-facing website and index system for the scientific data publications within the FS RDA and manages workflows for all data products submitted for publication. This work also includes working with researchers to prepare data for long-term preservation; reviewing data submissions and associated documentation; and preparing and releasing of scientific data publications. Additional work includes providing data management support to all Forest Service Research & Development researchers and our Experimental Forests & Ranges.
- Colorado State University, M.S. Statistics 1997
- Colorado State University, B.S. Statistics, with a minor in Computer Science 1995
- Technical Information Specialist, Research Data Publishing, USFS Research & Development
2019 - Current
- Statistician (and Data Archivist), USFS Rocky Mountain Research Station
2004 - 2019
- Statistician (Biology), USFS Rocky Mountain Research Station
1997 - 2004
- Statistics Trainee, USFS Rocky Mountain Research Station
1992 - 1997
- Ryan, Sandra E.; Porth, Laurie S. 2007. A tutorial on the piecewise regression approach applied to bedload transport data.
- Elder, Kelly; Dwire, Kate; Hubbard, Robert; Rhoades, Charles; Ryan, Sandra; Young, Mike; Porth, Laurie; Dixon, Mark; Goodbody, Angue. 2006. Second interagency conference on research in the watersheds.
- Ryan, Sandra E.; Porth, Laurie S.; Troendle, C. A. 2002. Defining phases of bedload transport using piecewise regression.