Linda E. Kruger, Ph.D.
Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
Featured Publications & Products
- Morse, Wayde c.; Hall, Troy E.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D. 2008. Improving the integration of recreation management with management of other natural resources by applying concepts of scale from ecology.
- Hall, Troy E.; Heaton, Heather; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D. 2009. Outdoor recreation in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska: trends in activity participation.
- Wolf, Kathleen L.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D. 2010. Urban forestry research needs: a participatory assessment process.
- Farnum, Jennifer O.; Kruger, Linda E., eds. 2008. Place-based planning: innovations and applications from four western forests..
- Johnson, Adelaide C.; Noel, James ; Gregovich, David P.; Kruger, Linda E.; Buma, Brian . 2019. Impacts of submerging and emerging shorelines on various biota and indigenous Alaskan harvesting patterns.
- Lake, Frank K.; Emery, Marla R.; Baumflek, Michelle J.; Friday, Kathleen S.; Kamelamela, Katie ; Kruger, Linda ; Grewe, Nicole ; Gilbert, Jonathan ; Reo, Nicholas J. 2018. Chapter 4 - Cultural dimensions of nontimber products.
- Kruger, Linda E. 2017. Appendix A: Regional summaries: Alaska.
- Kruger, Linda E.; Johnson, Adelaide. 2017. Coastal climate change in Southeast Alaska Students aid in documenting local observations and experiences.
- Kruger, Linda E. 2017. Writing of water and recreation.
- Norton-Smith, Kathryn; Lynn, Kathy; Chief, Karletta; Cozzetto, Karen; Donatuto, Jamie; Hiza Redsteer, Margaret; Kruger, Linda E.; Maldonado, Julie; Viles, Carson; Whyte, Kyle P. 2016. Climate change and indigenous peoples: a synthesis of current impacts and experiences.
- Prestemon, Jeff; Kruger, Linda; Abt, Karen L.; Bowker, Michael; Brandeis, Consuelo; Calkin, Dave; Donovan, Geoffrey H.; Ham, Charlotte; Holmes, Thomas P.; Kline, Jeffrey; Warziniack, Travis. 2016. Economics and societal considerations of drought.
- Pomeranz, Emily F.; Needham, Mark D.; Kruger, Linda E. 2015. Perceptions of stakeholders regarding wilderness and best management practices in an Alaska recreation area.
- Stewart, William P.; Williams, Daniel R.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D. 2013. Conclusion: From describing to prescribing--transitioning to place-based conservation Chapter 18.
- Monroe, Martha C.; Agrawal, Shruti; Jakes, Pamela J.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D..; Nelson, Kristen C.; Sturtevant, Victoria. 2013. Identifying indicators of behavior change: insights from wildfire education programs.
- Pomeranz, Emily F.; Needham, Mark D.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D. 2013. Stakeholder perceptions of collaboration for managing nature-based recreation in a coastal protected area in Alaska.
- Pomeranz, Emily F.; Needham, Mark D.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D. 2013. Stakeholder perceptions of indicators of tourism use and codes of conduct in a coastal protected area in Alaska.
- Williams, Daniel R.; Stewart, William P.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D. 2013. The emergence of place-based conservation Chapter 1.
- Jordan, E.J.; Vogt, C.A.; Kruger, Linda; Grewe, N. 2013. The interplay of governance, power and citizen participation in community tourism planning.
- Gordon, Ryan; Mallon, Angela; Maier, Carolin; Kruger, Linda, Ph.D..; Shindler, Bruce. 2012. Building a citizen-agency partnership among diverse interests: the Colville National Forest and Northeast Washington Forestry Coalition Experience.
- Zegre, Sera J.; Needham, Mark D.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D..; Rosenberger, Randall S. 2012. McDonaldization and commercial outdoor recreation and tourism in Alaska.
- Wilson, Patrick Impero; Hall, Troy E.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D. 2012. Riparian area protection and outdoor recreation: lessons from the Northwest Forest Plan.
- Amsden, Benoni L.; Stedman, Richard C.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D. 2011. The creation and maintenance of sense of place in a tourism-dependent community.
- Watson, Alan; Ostergren, Dave; Fix, Peter; Overbaugh, Bill; McCollum, Dan; Kruger, Linda, Ph.D..; Madsen, Martha; Yang, He. 2009. Protecting ecotourism resources in a time of rapid economic and environmental transformation in Asia.
- Mekbeb, E.T.; Lilieholm, R.J.; Blahna, D.J.; Kruger, L.E., Ph.D. 2009. Resource use, dependence and vulnerability: community-resource linkages on Alaska's Tongass National Forest.
- Jakes, Pamela; Kruger, Linda, Ph.D..; Monroe, Martha; Nelson, Kristen; Sturtevant, Victoria. 2007. Improving wildfire preparedness: lessons from communities across the U.S.
- Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D..; Williams, Daniel R. 2007. Place and place-based planning..
- Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D..; Mazza, Rhonda; Lawrence, Kelly, eds. 2007. Proceedings: national workshop on recreation research and management..
- Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D..; Mazza, Rhonda L. 2006. Alaska communities and forest environments: a problem analysis and research agenda..
- Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D. 2005. Community and landscape change in southeast Alaska..
- Farnum, Jennifer; Hall, Troy; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D. 2005. Sense of place in natural resource recreation and tourism: an evaluation and assessment of research findings..
- Mazza, Rhonda; Kruger, Linda E., tech. eds. 2005. Social conditions and trends in southeast Alaska..
- Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D..; Alexander, Susan J. 2004. Improving our understanding of recreation and tourism..
- Cheng, Antony S.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D..; Daniels, Steven E. 2003. "Place" as an integrating concept in natural resource politics: propositions for a social science research agenda..
- McCool, Stephen F.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D. 2003. Human migration and natural resources: implications for land managers and challenges for researchers..
- Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D..; Jakes, Pamela J. 2003. The importance of place: advances in science and application..
- Kruger, Linda E., tech. ed. 2003. Understanding community-forest relations..
- Graham, Amanda C.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D. 2002. Research in adaptive management: working relations and the research process..
- Fight, Roger D.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D..; Hansen-Murray, Christopher; Holden, Arnold; Bays, Dale. 2000. Understanding human uses and values in watershed analysis..
- Brunson, Mark W.; Kruger, Linda E., Ph.D..; Tyler, Catherine B.; Schroeder, Susan A., tech. eds. 1996. Defining social acceptability in ecosystem management: a workshop proceedings; 1992 June 23-25; Kelso, WA..
|Scientists Grapple with the Commercialization of Nature-based Activities|
For the recreation and tourism industry in Alaska, the implications of this study reflect the trade-off between tighter control of tourism activ ...