Research Fishery Biologist
1133 N Western Ave.
Contact Karl Polivka
Featured Publications & Products
- Bookter, Andy; Woodsmith, Richard D.; McCormick, Frank H.; Polivka, Karl M. 2009. Water Quality Trends in the Entiat River Subbasin: 2007-2008.
- Binckley, Christopher A.; Wipfli, Mark S.; Medhurst, R. Bruce; Polivka, Karl; Hessburg, Paul; Salter, R. Brion; Kill, Joshua Y. 2010. Ecoregion and land-use influence invertebrate and detritus transport from headwater streams.
- Medhurst, R. Bruce; Wipfli, Mark S.; Binckley, Chris; Polivka, Karl; Hessburg, Paul F.; Salter, R. Brion. 2010. Headwater streams and forest management: Does ecoregional context influence logging effects on benthic communities.
- Polivka, Karl M.; Dwyer, Greg; Mehmel, Constance J. 2017. Environmental persistence of a pathogen used in microbial insect control.
- Polivka, Karl M.; Steel, E. Ashley; Novak, Jenni L.; Jonsson, Bror. 2015. Juvenile salmon and steelhead occupancy of stream pools treated and not treated with restoration structures, Entiat River, Washington.
- Polivka, Karl M.; Friedli, Lisa M.; Green, Elizabeth C. 2013. Stream inflow and predation risk affect littoral habitat selection by benthic fish.
- Carran, Spencer ; Polivka, Carlos M.; Mihaljevic, Joseph R.; Dwyer, Greg . 2019. Detection of low levels of baculovirus for outbreak-terminating epizootics in defoliating insects.
|Instream Habitat Restoration Increases Stream Capacity for both Chinook Salmon and Steelhead Trout|
Study finds positive response by fish to instream restoration projects in the Entiat River watershed in Washington. These results are being used ...