Kathleen R. Matthews
Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
- Wilkins, Laetitia G. E.; Matthews, Kathleen R.; Steel, Zachary L.; Nusslé, Sébastien C.; Carlson, Stephanie M. 2019. Population dynamics of Rana sierrae at Dusy Basin: influence of non native predators, drought, and restoration potential.
- Nusslé, Sébastien; Matthews, Kathleen R.; Carlson, Stephanie M. 2017. Patterns and dynamics of vegetation recovery following grazing cessation in the California golden trout habitat.
- Penaluna, Brooke E.; Abadía-Cardoso, Alicia; Dunham, Jason B.; García-Dé León, Francisco J.; Gresswell, Robert E.; Luna, Arturo Ruiz; Taylor, Eric B.; Shepard, Bradley B.; Al-Chokhachy, Robert; Muhlfeld, Clint C.; Bestgen, Kevin R.; Rogers, Kevin; Escalante, Marco A.; Keeley, Ernest R.; Temple, Gabriel M.; Williams, Jack E.; Matthews, Kathleen R.; Pierce, Ron; Mayden, Richard L.; Kovach, Ryan P.; Garza, John Carlos; Fausch, Kurt D. 2016. Conservation of native Pacific trout diversity in Western North America.
- Matthews, Kathleen R. 2016. Water temperature, dissolved oxygen, flow, and shade measurements in the three stream sections of the Golden Trout Wilderness.
- Nussle, Sebastien; Matthews, Kathleen R.; Carlson, Stephanie M. 2015. Mediating water temperature increases due to livestock and global change in high elevation meadow streams of the Golden Trout Wilderness.
- Matthews, Kathleen; Nussle, Sebastien. 2014. California golden trout and climate change: Is their stream habitat vulnerable to climate warming.
- Matthews, Kathleen R. 2010. California golden trout and climate change: Is their stream habitat vulnerable to climate warming.
- Matthews, Kathleen; Preisler, Haiganoush. 2010. Site fidelity of the declining amphibian Rana sierrae (Sierra Nevada yellow-legged frog).
- Lacan, I; Matthews, Kathleen R.; Feldman, K.V. 2008. Interaction of an Introduced Predator with Future Effects of Climate Change in the Recruitment Dynamics of the Imperiled Sierra Nevada Yellow-legged Frog (Rana sierrae).
- Knapp, R. A.; Matthews, K.R.; Preisler, H. K.; Jellison, R. 2003. Developing probabilistic models to predict amphibian site occupancy in a patchy landscape.
- Matthews, Kathleen. 2003. High Sierra Ecosystems: The Role of Fish Stocking in Amphibian Declines.
- Matthews, K. R. 2003. The response of Rana muscosa, the mountain yellow-legged frog, to short distance translocations..
- Matthews, K.R.; Knapp, R.A.; Pope, K.L. 2002. Garter snakes distributions in high elevation aquatic ecosystems: Is there a link with declining amphibian populations and nonnative trout introductions.
- Pope, K.L.; Matthews, K.R. 2002. Influence of anuran prey on the condition and distribution of Rana muscosa in the Sierra Nevada.
- Matthews, K.R.; Pope, K.L.; Preisler, H. K.; Knapp, R.A. 2001. Effects of non-native trout on Pacific treefrogs (Hyla regilla) in the Sierra Nevada..
- Pope, K.L.; Matthews, K.R. 2001. Movement ecology and seasonal distribution of mountain yellow-legged frogs, Rana muscosa, in a high-elevation Sierra Nevada basin..
- Knapp, R.A.; Matthews, K.R.; Sarnelle, O. 2001. Resistance and resilience of alpine lake fauna to fish introductions.
- Knapp, R. A.; Matthews, Kathleen R. 2000. Effects on nonnative fishes on wilderness lake ecosystems in the Sierra Nevada and recommendations for reducing impacts.
- Knapp, R.A.; Matthews, K.R. 2000. Non-native fish introductions and the decline of the mountain yellow-legged frog from within protected areas.
- Matthews, K.R.; Pope, K.L. 1999. A telemetric study of the movement patterns and habitat use of Rana muscosa, the mountain yellow-legged frog, in a high-elevation basin in Kings Canyon National Park, California.
- Knapp, R.A.; Vredenburg, V.T.; Matthews, K.R. 1998. Effects of stream channel morphology on golden trout spawning habitat and recruitment..
- Knapp, R.A.; Matthews, K.R. 1998. Eradication of non-native fish from a small mountain lake: gill netting as a non-toxic alternative to the use of rotenone..
- Matthews, K.R.; Berg, N.H. 1997. Rainbow trout responses to water temperature and dissolved oxygen stress in two southern California stream pools.
- Matthews, K.R. 1996. Diel movement and habitat use of the golden trout Oncorhynchus mykiss aguabonita in their native habitat on the Golden Trout Wilderness, California.
- Matthews, K.R. 1996. Golden trout habitat selection and movement patterns in degraded and recovering sites within the Golden Trout Wilderness, California.
- Knapp, R.; Matthews, K. 1996. Livestock Grazing, Golden Trout, and Streams in the Golden Trout Wilderness, California: Impacts and Management Implications.
- MATTHEWS, KATHLEEN R.; BERG, NEIL H.; AZUMA DAVID L., . 1994. Cool Water Formation and Trout Habitat Use in a Deep Pool in the Sierra Nevada, California.
|California golden trout and future climate warming|
The California golden trout is imperiled due to exotic trout, genetic introgression, and degraded habitat, and faces further stress from climate ...