1831 Hwy 169 East
Contact Douglas Kastendick
Featured Publications & Products
- Palik, Brian J.; Kastendick, Doug. 2010. Response of seasonal pond plant communities to upland forest harvest in northern Minnesota forests, USA.
- Bradford, John B.; Kastendick, Douglas N. 2010. Age-related patterns of forest complexity and carbon storage in pine and aspen-birch ecosystems of northern Minnesota, USA.
- Palik, Brian J.; Kastendick, Doug. 2009. Woody plant regeneration after blowdown, salvage logging, and prescribed fire in a northern Minnesota forest.
- Fraver, Shawn; Jain, Terrie; Bradford, John B.; D'amato, Anthony W.; Kastendick, Doug; Palik, Brian; Shinneman, Doug; Stanovick, John. 2011. The efficacy of salvage logging in reducing subsequent fire severity in conifer-dominated forests of Minnesota, USA.
- Gilmore, Daniel W.; Kastendick, Douglas N.; Zasada, John C.; Anderson, Paula J. 2003. Alternative Fuel Reduction Treatments in the Gunflint Corridor of the Superior National Forest: Second year results and sampling recommendations.
- Looney, Christopher E.; D'Amato, Anthony W.; Palik, Brian J.; Fraver, Shawn ; Kastendick, Douglas N. 2018. Size-growth relationship, tree spatial patterns, and tree-tree competition influence tree growth and stand complexity in a 160-year red pine chronosequence.
- Young, Brian D.; D'Amato, Anthony W.; Kern, Christel C.; Kastendick, Douglas N.; Palik, Brian J. 2017. Seven decades of change in forest structure and composition in Pinus resinosa forests in northern Minnesota, USA: Comparing managed and unmanaged conditions.
- Kastendick, Douglas N.; Palik, Brian J.; Zenner, Eric K.; Kolka, Randy K.; Blinn, Charles R.; Kragthorpe, Joshua J. 2014. Regeneration responses in partially-harvested riparian management zones in northern Minnesota.
- Kastendick, Douglas N.; Zenner, Eric K.; Palik, Brian J.; Kolka, Randall K.; Blinn, Charles R. 2012. Effects of harvesting on nitrogen and phosphorus availability in riparian management zone soils in Minnesota, USA.
Last updated on : 11/28/2018