Juliet D. Tang
Research Forest Products Technologist
201 Lincoln Green
Contact Juliet D. Tang
- Green building solutions
- Discovery of novel wood protection biocides
- Biotic controls of coarse woody debris decomposition
Advancing wood protection through basic research on the "Omics" of wood decomposition
Insecticide resistance management
Genetics of insecticide resistance
Mechanisms of disease resistance in plants
- Mississippi State University, Ph.D. Forest Resources Omics of brown rot decay 2011
- University of Massachusetts, M.S. Entomology Physiology of pheromone production 1986
- University of Massachusetts, B.S. Zoology Cum laude 1981
- Mississippi State University, Adjunct Faculty
- Entomological Society of America, Member
- International Research Group on Wood Protection, Member
- American Wood Protection Association, Member
- Mississippi Entomological Association, Member
Featured Publications & Products
- Tang, Juliet D.; Diehl, Susan V. 2014. Chapter 3: Omics and the Future of Sustainable Biomaterials.
- Telmadarrehei, Telmah ; Tang, Juliet D.; Raji, Olanrewaju ; Rezazadeh, Amir ; Narayanan, Lakshmi ; Shmulsky, Rubin ; Jeremic, Dragica . 2020. A study of the gut bacterial community of Reticulitermes virginicus exposed to chitosan treatment.
- Lim, Hyungsuk ; Tripathi, Sachin ; Tang, Juliet D. 2020. Bonding performance of adhesive systems for cross-laminated timber treated with micronized copper azole type C (MCA-C).
- Thrash, Adam ; Tang, Juliet D.; DeOrnellis, Mason ; Peterson, Daniel G.; Warburton, Marilyn L. 2020. PAST: The Pathway Association Studies Tool to Infer Biological Meaning from GWAS Datasets.
- Lebow, Stan; Tang, Juliet; Kirker, Grant T.; Mankowski, Mark , E. . 2019. Guidelines for the selection and use of pressure-treated wood.
- Li, Hui ; Thrash, Adam ; Tang, Juliet D.; He, Linlin ; Yan, Jianbing ; Warburton, Marilyn L. 2019. Leveraging GWAS data to identify metabolic pathways and networks involved in maize lipid biosynthesis.
- Stokes, C. Elizabeth; França, Tamara S.F.A.; Tang, Juliet D. 2019. Ongoing termite studies on cross laminated timber (CLT) panels.
- Narayanan, Lakshmi ; Tang, Juliet D.; Kirker, Grant ; Mohammadi-Araghi, Maryam K.; Stokes, C. Elizabeth. 2019. Using metagenomics to quantify the bacterial diversity in field stakes treated with wood preservative.
- França, Tamara S.F.A.; Stokes, C. Elizabeth; Tang, Juliet D.; Arango, Rachel A. 2019. Utility of image software in quantification of termite damage on cross-laminated timber (CLT).
- Siegert, Courtney M.; Renninger, Heidi J.; Karunarathna, A.A. Sasith; Riggins, John J.; Clay, Natalie A.; Tang, Juliet D.; Hornslein, Nicole ; Chaney, Brent L. 2018. Biogeochemical hotspots around bark-beetle killed trees.
- Franca, Tamara S.F.A.; Stokes, C. Elizabeth; Tang, Juliet D. 2018. Durability of cross laminated timber against termite damage.
- Tang, Juliet D.; Raji, Olan ; Peterson, Daniel G.; Jeremic-Nikolic, Dragica . 2018. Dysbiosis: a potential novel strategy for control of subterranean termites.
- Telmadarrehei, Telmah ; Raji, Olanrewaju ; Rezazadeh, Amir ; Jeremic-Nikolic, Dragica ; Tang, Juliet D. 2018. Effect of chitosan on diversity and number of protists in subterranean termites.
- França, T.S.F.A. ; Stokes, C.E. ; Tang, J.D. . 2018. Evaluation of cross-laminated timber resistance to termite attack.
- Zelinka, Samuel L.; Jakes, Joseph E.; Tang, Juliet ; Ohno, Katie , M.; Bishell, Amy ; Finney, Lydia ; Maxey, Evan R.; Vogt, Stefan ; Kirker, Grant T. 2018. Fungal copper interactions in wood examined with large field of view synchrotron-based X-ray fluorescence microscopy.
- Akgul, Ayfer; Akgul, Ali; Tang, Juliet; Diehl, Susan. 2018. Gene expression analysis of wood decay fungus Fibroporia Radiculosa grown In ACQ-treated wood.
- Siegert, Courtney M.; Clay, Natalie A.; Tang, Juliet D.; Garrigues, Lisa G.; Riggins, John J. 2018. Indirect effects of bark beetle-generated dead wood on biogeochemical and decomposition processes in a pine forest.
- Hawkins, Leigh; Warburton, Marilyn; Tang, Juliet; Tomashek, John; Alves Oliveira, Dafne; Ogunola, Oluwaseun; Smith, J.; Williams, W. 2018. Survey of candidate genes for maize resistance to infection by Aspergillus flavus and/or aflatoxin contamination.
- Raji, Olanrewaju; Tang, Juliet D; Telmadarrehei, Telmah; Jeremic, Dragica. 2018. Termiticidal activity of chitosan against the subterranean termites Reticulitermes flavipes and Reticulitermes virginicus.
- Warburton, Marilyn L.; Womack, Erika D.; Tang, Juliet D.; Thrash, Adam; Smith, J. Spencer; Xu, Wenwei; Murray, Seth C.; Williams, W. Paul. 2018. genome-wide association and metabolic pathway analysis of corn earworm resistance in maize.
- Tang, Juliet D.; Ciaramitaro, Tina; Tomaso-Peterson, Maria; Diehl, Susan V. 2017. Activity of two strobilurin fungicides against three species of decay fungi in agar plate tests.
- Raji, Olanrewaju; Tang, Juliet D.; Telmadarrehei, Telmah; Jeremic, Dragica. 2017. Analysis of hindgut bacterial phyla frequency and diversity in subterranean termites exposed to chitosan-treated wood.
- Ogunola, Oluwaseun F.; Hawkins, Leigh K.; Mylroie, Erik; Kolomiets, Michael V.; Borrego, Eli; Tang, Juliet D.; Williams, Paul W.; Warburton, Marilyn L. 2017. Characterization of the maize lipoxygenase gene family in relation to aflatoxin accumulation resistance.
- Tang, Juliet D.; Ciaramitaro, Tina; Nicholas, Darrel D.; Tomaso-Peterson, Maria; Diehl, Susan V. 2017. Defeating copper tolerance: an example of how omics research can accelerate discovery of new wood protection compounds.
- Raji, Olanrewaju; Jeremic-Nikolic, Dragica; Tang, Juliet D. 2017. Diversity of Hindgut Bacterial Population in Subterranean Termite, Reticulitermes flavipes.
- Stokes, C. Elizabeth; Shmulsky, Rubin; Tang, Juliet D. 2017. Potential impact of subterranean termites on cross-laminated timber (CLT) in the Southeastern U.S.
- Shelton, Thomas; Fye, Donald; Tang, Juliet, D..; Mankowski, Mark, E. . 2015. Command Performance The USFS presents its annual Termiticide Report for 2014.
- Warburton, Marilyn L.; Tang, Juliet D.; Windham, Gary L.; Hawkins, Leigh K.; Murray, Seth C.; Xu, Wenwei; Boykin, Debbie; Perkins, Andy; Williams, W. Paul. 2015. Genome-Wide Association Mapping of and Aspergillus flavus Aflatoxin Accumulation Resistance in Maize.
- Raji, Olanrewaju; Telmadarrehei, Telmah; Tang, Juliet D.; Jeremic, Dragica. 2015. Toxicity threshold of chitosan for the subterranean termite, Reticulitermes flavipes.
- Tang, J. D.; Parker, L. A.; Perkins, A. D.; Sonstegard, T. S.; Schroeder, S. G.; Nicholas, D. D.; Diehl, S. V. 2013. Gene Expression Analysis of Copper Tolerance and Wood Decay in the Brown Rot Fungus Fibroporia radiculosa.
- Tang, J. D.; Perkins, A. D.; Sonstegard, T. S.; Schroeder, S. G.; Burgess, S. C.; Diehl, S. V. 2012. Short-Read Sequencing for Genomic Analysis of the Brown Rot Fungus Fibroporia radiculosa.
|A Knowledge-based Approach for Developing Green Building Solutions|
Scientists are using gene discovery to accelerate their understanding of copper tolerance in wood decay fungi and create green solutions for woo ...
|Assessing termite impact on cross-laminated timber panels|
Forest Service and Mississippi State University researchers are in the process of determining the impact of termites found in the Southeastern U ...
|Bonding Performance of Adhesive Systems for Cross-Laminated Timber Treated with Micronized Copper Azole Type C|
Expanding the use of cross-laminated timber (CLT) to outdoor applications is “one sticky problem.” Research must examine compatibility betw ...
|Eco-friendly biopesticide protects wood from termites by affecting their hindgut symbionts|
Chitosan kills termites by targeting their hindgut protists rather than the termite itself.
|Giving Termites “Stomach Aches”|
Chitosan can be used to upset the microbial imbalance in the termite hindgut, leading to the establishment of three different bacterial pathogen ...
|Going Big with Mass Timber Protection|
USDA Forest Service researchers are leading efforts to better understand mass timber as a next generation building material and provide safe eff ...
|Guide for Selection and Use of Pressure-Treated Wood|
This report describes and provides guidance for selection and use of pressure-treated wood for specific applications.
|Rational approach for discovering new, targeted biocides for wood protection|
Forest Service researchers used a rational approach based on gene expression studies to identify a novel application of a fungicide for use in c ...
|USFS Termiticide Report for 2014|
The most recent efficacy data for termiticides currently on the market were reported as part of the USDA Forest Service Termiticide Testing Prog ...