Julia E. Kirschman
Information Specialist/Technology Transfer Specialist
1577 Brevard Road
Phone: 828-667-5261 x104
Contact Julia E. Kirschman
Perform technology transfer duties associated with promoting the science that is created by our team of scientists and distributing the results to consumers through a variety of media.
Professional tours and adult and children education
- Clemson University, Master Of Forest Resources Forestry 2005
- Warren Wilson College, B.A. Environmental Studies 1989
- Community College of Allegheny County, A.S. Computer & Business Administration 1986
- Technology Transfer Specialist, USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station - Bent Creek Experimental Forest
2002 - Current
Responsible for the Science Delivery Program at Bent Creek Experimental Forest, Asheville, NC.
- Forestry Technician, USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station, Bent Creek Experimental Forest
1991 - 2002
- Wilderness Ranger, USDA Forest Service, Pisgah Ranger Station, Pisgah Forest, NC
1990 - 1991
Awards & Recognition
- Certificate of Appreciation for Presentations on the Cherokee Reservation, 2011
Conducted forest education classes for children on the Cherokee reservation, NC.
- Station Director's Award, 2007
Research Technical and Professional Support Award
- Kirschman, Julia E. 2018. Proceedings of the 19th biennial southern silvicultural research conference.
- Kirschman, Julia. 2014. Technology transfer: taking science from the books to the ground at Bent Creek Experimental Forest.
Citations of non US Forest Service Publications
- Technology Transfer: Taking science from the books to the ground at Bent Creek Experimental Forest