800 East Beckwith Ave
Contact Jon Rieck
Jon's current research interests include quantitative analysis of wildland fire suppression effectiveness, firefighter exposure on large wildland fires using spatial mapping techniques and spatial analysis of landscape level fuel treatments and their effect on fire behavior.
- Montana State University, B.S. Earth Science - Geography Physical Geography, Meterology, GIS, Remote Sensing 2001
Featured Publications & Products
- Calkin, David E.; Rieck, Jon D.; Hyde, Kevin D.; Kaiden, Jeffrey D. 2011. Built structure identification in wildland fire decision support.
- Thompson, Matthew P.; Lauer, Christopher J.; Calkin, David E.; Rieck, Jon D.; Stonesifer, Crystal S.; Hand, Michael S. 2018. Wildfire response performance measurement: Current and future directions.
- Thompson, Matthew P.; Freeborn, Patrick; Rieck, Jon D.; Calkin, Dave; Gilbertson-Day, Julie W.; Cochrane, Mark A.; Hand, Michael S. 2016. Quantifying the influence of previously burned areas on suppression effectiveness and avoided exposure: A case study of the Las Conchas Fire.
- Calkin, Dave; Phipps, John; Holmes, Tom; Rieck, Jon; Thompson, Matt. 2011. The Exposure Index: Developing firefighter safety performance measures.