Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
Featured Publications & Products
- Lydersen, Jamie M.; Collins, Brandon M.; Knapp, Eric E.; Roller, Gary B.; Stephens, Scott. 2015. Relating fuel loads to overstorey structure and composition in a fire-excluded Sierra Nevada mixed conifer forest.
- Lydersen, Jamie; North, Malcolm; Collins, Brandon M. 2014. Severity of an uncharacteristically large wildfire, the Rim Fire, in forests with relatively restored frequent fire regimes.
- Lydersen, Jamie M.; North, Malcolm P.; Knapp, Eric E.; Collins, Brandon M. 2013. Quantifying spatial patterns of tree groups and gaps in mixed-conifer forests: reference conditions and long-term changes following fire suppression and logging.
- Lydersen, Jamie; Collins, Brandon M.; Ewell, Carol; Reiner, Alicia; Fites, Jo Ann; Dow, Christopher; Gonzalez, Patrick; Saah, David; Battles, John. 2014. Using field data to assess model predictions of surface and ground fuel consumption by wildfire in coniferous forests of California.
- Lydersen, Jamie; North, Malcolm. 2012. Topographic variation in structure of mixed-conifer forests under an active-fire regime.
- Knapp, Eric E.; Lydersen, Jamie M.; North, Malcolm P.; Collins, Brandon M. 2017. Efficacy of variable density thinning and prescribed fire for restoring forest heterogeneity to mixed-conifer forest in the central Sierra Nevada, CA.
- Lydersen, Jamie M.; Collins, Brandon M.; Brooks, Matthew L.; Matchett, John R.; Shive, Kristen L.; Povak, Nicholas A.; Kane, Van R.; Smith, Douglas F. 2017. Evidence of fuels management and fire weather influencing fire severity in an extreme fire event.
- Lydersen, Jamie M.; Collins, Brandon M.; Miller, Jay D.; Fry, Danny L.; Stephens, Scott L. 2016. Relating fire-caused change in forest structure to remotely sensed estimates of fire severity.
- Collins, Brandon M.; Lydersen, Jamie M.; Fry, Danny L.; Wilkin, Katherine; Moody, Tadashi; Stephens, Scott L. 2016. Variability in vegetation and surface fuels across mixed-conifer-dominated landscapes with over 40 years of natural fire.
- Stephens, Scott L.; Lydersen, Jamie M.; Collins, Brandon M.; Fry, Danny L.; Meyer, Marc D. 2015. Historical and current landscape-scale ponderosa pine and mixed conifer forest structure in the Southern Sierra Nevada.
- Collins, Brandon M.; Lydersen, Jamie M.; Everett, Richard G.; Fry, Danny L.; Stephens, Scott L. 2015. Novel characterization of landscape-level variability in historical vegetation structure.
|Fuel Loads Vary With Overstory in a Fire-excluded Sierra Nevada Mixed Conifer Forest|
Surface fuels are highly heterogeneous in their characteristics and spatial distribution, but knowledge of within-stand variability is generally ...