Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
Featured Publications & Products
- Wolfe, Jared D.; Ryder, Thomas B.; Pyle, Peter. 2010. Using molt cycles to categorize the age of tropical birds: an integrative new system.
- Wolfe, Jared D.; Chandler, Richard B.; King, David I. 2009. Molt patterns, age, and sex criteria for selected highland Costa Rican resident landbirds.
- Wolfe, J.D.; Ralph, C.J. 2009. Correlations between El Ni o Southern Oscillation and changes in Nearctic-Neotropic migrant condition in Central America.
- Wolfe, Jared D.; Pyle, Peter; Ralph, C. John. 2009. Breeding seasons, molt patterns, and gender and age criteria for selected northeastern Costa Rican resident landbirds.
- Wolfe, Jared D.; Alexander, John D.; Stephens, Jaime L.; Ralph, C. John. 2019. A novel approach to understanding bird communities using informed diversity estimates at local and regional scales in northern California and southern Oregon.
- Ralph, C. John; Wolfe, Jared D. 2018. Factors affecting the distribution and abundance of autumn vagrant New World warblers in northwestern California and southern Oregon.
- Wolfe, Jared D.; Ralph, C. John; Wiegardt, Andrew. 2017. Bottom-up processes influence the demography and life-cycle phenology of Hawaiian bird communities.
- West, Christopher J.; Wolfe, Jared D.; Wiegardt, Andrew ; Williams-Claussen, Tiana . 2017. Feasibility of California Condor recovery in northern California, USA: Contaminants in surrogate Turkey Vultures and Common Ravens.
- Wiegardt, Andrew K.; Barton, Daniel C.; Wolfe, Jared D. 2017. Post-breeding population dynamics indicate upslope molt-migration by Wilson's Warblers.
- Wiegardt, Andrew; Wolfe, Jared; Ralph, C. John; Stephens, Jaime L.; Alexander, John. 2017. Postbreeding elevational movements of western songbirds in Northern California and Southern Oregon.
- Tempel, Douglas J.; Keane, John J.; Gutierrez, R. J.; Wolfe, Jared D.; Jones, Gavin M.; Koltunov, Alexander; Ramirez, Carlos M.; Berigan, William J.; Gallagher, Claire V.; Munton, Thomas E.; Shaklee, Paula A.; Whitmore, Sheila A.; Peery, M. Zachariah. 2016. Meta-analysis of California Spotted Owl (Strix occidentalis occidentalis) territory occupancy in the Sierra Nevada: habitat associations and their implications for forest management.
- Wolfe, J.D.; Ralph, C.J.; Elizondo, P. 2015. Changes in the apparent survival of a tropical bird in response to the El Niño Southern Oscillation in mature and young forest in Costa Rica.
- Wolfe, Jared D.; Johnson, Erik I. 2015. Geolocator reveals migratory and winter movements of a Prothonotary Warbler.
- Powell, Luke L.; Wolfe, Jared D.; Johnson, Erik I.; Hines, James E.; Nichols, James D.; Stouffer, Philip C. 2015. Heterogeneous movement of insectivorous Amazonian birds through primary and secondary forest: A case study using multistate models with radiotelemetry data.
- Wolfe, Jared D.; Stouffer, Philip C.; Mokross, Karl; Powell, Luke L.; Anciães, Marina M. 2015. Island vs. countryside biogeography: an examination of how Amazonian birds respond to forest clearing and fragmentation.
- Ralph, C. John; Wolfe, Jared D. 2014. Bird banding and climate change: can we make a difference.
- Wolfe, Jared D.; Johnson, Matthew D.; Ralph, C. John; Brigham, R. Mark. 2014. Do birds select habitat or food resources Nearctic-neotropic migrants in northeastern Costa Rica.
- Wolfe, Jared D.; Johnson, Erik I.; Terrill, Ryan S. 2014. Searching for consensus in molt terminology 11 years after Howell et al.'s "first basic problem".
- Wolfe, Jared D.; Johnson, Matthew D.; Ralph, C. John. 2013. Greater mass increases annual survival of Prothonotary Warblers wintering in northeastern Costa Rica.
- Elizondo, Pablo; Ralph, C. John; Wolfe, Jared D. 2011. Out of the mists comes knowledge of little-known endemics, as researchers band together to predict a no-analog future.
- Wolfe, Jared D.; Frey, Robert I. 2011. Primary covert replacement patterns in the Western Wood-Pewee.
- Rowe, Lucinda M.; Wolfe, Jared D. 2010. Using alulas and the carpal covert to assess age in some formative and first alternative plumaged western Passerines.
- Wolfe, Jared D. 2009. Diet of some spring migrant landbirds on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica.
- Ryder, T. B.; Wolfe, Jared. 2009. The current state of knowledge on molt and plumage sequences in selected tropical families: a review.