Deputy Program Manager
620 SW Main, Suite 400
Contact Joseph Donnegan
- University of Colorado, Ph.D. Geography Forest Dynamics, Disturbance, and Fire History 2000
- University of Missouri, M.S. Natural Resources Forest Ecology, Post-Fire Successional Dynamics 1996
- University of Colorado, B.A. Biology, B.A. Environmental Conservation Dendrochronology applications for fire history and climate 1992
- University of Wyoming, B.A. Business/Communications In Organizations General Business Management and Communications 1987
Featured Publications & Products
- Donnegan, Joseph; Campbell, Sally; Azuma, Dave, tech. eds. 2008. Oregon's forest resources, 2001-2005: five-year Forest Inventory and Analysis report..
- Donnegan, Joseph A.; Butler, Sarah L.; Kuegler, Olaf; Stroud, Brent J.; Hiserote, Bruce A.; Rengulbai, Kashgar. 2007. Palau's forest resources, 2003..
- Azuma, David L.; Donnegan, Joseph; Gedney, Donald. 2004. Southwest Oregon Biscuit Fire: an analysis of forest resources and fire severity.
- Donnegan, Joseph A.; Butler, Sarah L.; Grabowiecki, Walter; Hiserote, Bruce A.; Limtiaco, David. 2004. Guam's forest resources, 2002..
- Donnegan, Joseph A.; Mann, Sheri S.; Butler, Sarah L.; Hiserote, Bruce A. 2004. American Samoa's forest resources, 2001..
- Donnegan, Joseph A.; Butler, Sarah L.; Kuegler, Olaf; Hiserote, Bruce A. 2011. Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands' forest resources, 2004.
- Donnegan, Joseph A.; Butler, Sarah L.; Kuegler, Olaf; Hiserote, Bruce A. 2011. Federated States of Micronesia's forest resources, 2006.
- Donnegan, Joseph A.; Trimble, Steven T.; Kusto, Karness; Kuegler, Olaf; Hiserote, Bruce A. 2011. Republic of the Marshall Islands' forest resources, 2008.
Citations of non US Forest Service Publications
Donnegan, J.A. and A.J Rebertus. 1999. Rates and mechanisms of subalpine forest succession along an environmental gradient. Ecology, 80(4): 1370-1384.
Donnegan, J.A., T.T. Veblen and J. Sibold. 2001. Human and climatic influences on fire regimes in the Pike National Forest region, Colorado. Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 31:1526-1539.
Donnegan, J.A. 2002. Assessing temporal trends in Forest Inventory and Analysis data: Applications to Criteria and Indicators. Pages 233-244 in A.C. Johnson, R.W. Haynes, and R.A. Monserud, editors. Congruent Management of Multiple Resources: Proceedings from the Wood Compatibility Initiative Workshop. General Technical Report PNW-GTR-563. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Pacific Northwest Research Station, Portland, OR.
Veblen, T.T., and J.A. Donnegan. 2005. Historical range of variability for forest vegetation of the National Forests of the Colorado Front Range. Final Report: USDA Forest Service Agreement 1102-0001-99-033 with University of Colorado, Boulder USDA Forest Service, Rocky Mountain Region, Golden, CO. 151 pp.