201 Lincoln Green
Contact Iris Montague
- University of Georgia, Ph.D. Forestry Resources (Marketing and Finance concentration) 2009
- Alabama A&M University, M.B.A. Business Administration (Marketing concentration) 2000
- Alabama A&M University, B.S. Forestry Management 1998
- Research Forester, USDA Forest Service
2000 - Current
- Student Trainee Forestry, USDA Forest Service
1994 - 2000
- Forest Products Society (FPS), Member (2009 - Current)
Featured Publications & Products
- Montague, Iris B. 2011. Understanding chain-of-custody certification in the Appalachian hardwood region: Primary manufacturers' practices and perceptions.
- Montague, Iris; Andersch, Adrienn; Wiedenbeck, Jan; Buehlmann, Urs. 2013. Hardwood supply chain and the role of log brokers in 2012.
- Montague, Iris B. 2013. The influence of trade associations and group certification programs on the hardwood certification movement.
- Montague, Iris B.; Wiedenbeck, Jan. 2012. Cultivating connections in 2012 -- web strategies used by forest products businesses in the southern U.S..
- Montague, Iris B. 2011. Social network media in the forest products industry: A look at a new way of marketing.
- Bumgardner, Matt; Montague, Iris; Wiedenbeck, Jan. 2017. Survey response rates in the forest products literature from 2000 to 2015.
- Gazal, Kathryn; Montague, Iris; Poudel, Rajendra; Wiedenbeck, Jan. 2016. Forest products industry in a digital age: Factors affecting social media adoption.
- Montague, Iris; Gazal, Kathryn Arano; Wiedenbeck, Jan; Shepherd, Jean-Gabriel. 2016. Forest Products Industry in a Digital Age: A Look at E-Commerce and Social Media.
- Andersch, Adrienn; Montague, Iris; Buehlmann, Urs; Wiedenbeck, Janice K. 2015. U.S. Hardwood sawmill log procurement practices.
- Montague, Iris; Andersch, Adri; Wiedenbeck, Jan; Buehlmann, Urs. 2015. Hardwood log supply: a broader perspective.
- Montague, Iris B.; Gazal, Kathryn Arano; Wiedenbeck, Janice K. 2019. Social media use in the wood products industry: Impact on the consumer purchasing process.
- Gordon, Jason S.; Auel, John B.; Blair-Agyeman, Nia ; Montague, Iris B.; Shmulsky, Rubin . 2018. Infrastructure enhancement to support value-added bioproduct recovery.
|Hardwood Log Procurement and the Role of Log Brokers|
Forest Service researchers analyzed hardwood log procurement practices and the effects of log brokers on the hardwood distribution system. They ...
|Options for Timber Salvaging After Natural Disasters in the Gulf States|
Forest Service researchers analyzed timber salvaging data collected in the Gulf State region after major hurricanes. Post-hurricane analysis lea ...
|Social Media Use in the Forest Products Industry is a New Way to do Business|
Forest Service researchers analyzed the Internet and social media usage of forest products producers in major forest-products producing states t ...