Isaac C. Grenfell
5775 US West Highway 10
Contact Isaac C. Grenfell
I am working on a method to simulate gridded spatial and temporally correlated fire weather for future use in such fire management tools as WFDSS, FPA, and FSIM. Another problem that I am working on is analyzing the data generated by the deep fuel experiments and processing it in a way that it can be used by others.
- University of Montana, Missoula, B.A. Mathematics 2002
- University of Montana, Missoula, M.A. Mathematics 2004
- Riley, Karin; Grenfell, Isaac C.; Finney, Mark A. 2016. Mapping forest vegetation for the western United States using modified random forests imputation of FIA forest plots.
- Thompson, Matthew P.; Haas, Jessica R.; Finney, Mark A.; Calkin, David E.; Hand, Michael S.; Browne, Mark J.; Halek, Martin; Short, Karen C.; Grenfell, Isaac C. 2015. Development and application of a probabilistic method for wildfire suppression cost modeling.
- Riley, Karin L.; Grenfell, Isaac C.; Finney, Mark A. 2015. Seeing the forest for the trees: utilizing modified random forests imputation of forest plot data for landscape-level analyses.
- Riley, Karin L.; Grenfell, Isaac C.; Finney, Mark A.; Crookston, Nicholas L. 2014. Utilizing random forests imputation of forest plot data for landscape-level wildfire analyses.
- Finney, Mark A.; Forthofer, Jason; Grenfell, Isaac C.; Adam, Brittany A.; Akafuah, Nelson K.; Saito, Kozo. 2013. A study of flame spread in engineered cardboard fuelbeds: Part I: Correlations and observations.
- Riley, Karin L.; Abatzoglou, John T.; Grenfell, Isaac C.; Klene, Anna E.; Heinsch, Faith Ann. 2013. The relationship of large fire occurrence with drought and fire danger indices in the western USA, 1984-2008: The role of temporal scale.
- McAllister, S.; Grenfell, I.; Hadlow, A.; Jolly, W. M.; Finney, M.; Cohen, J. 2012. Piloted ignition of live forest fuels.