Program Leader, Sustainability Assessment
201 14th Street SW, 2NW
District of Columbia
Contact Guy Robertson
Broadscale ecosystem assessment. Application of Criteria and Indicators (C&I) for forest sustainability. Economic impact analysis associated with forest management and policy.
Economic dynamics of small, forest-dependent communities. Wood products production and trade.
- College of Forest Resources, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, Ph.D. Forest Economics Small area economic dynamics, econometrics. Dissertation on employment impacts in small, forest-dependent communities of S.E. Alaska. 1999
- Jackson School of International Studies, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, M.A. International Studies Japan area studies. Thesis on domestic forestry in Japan. 1991
- Carleton College, Northfield, MN, B.A. Philosophy Philosophy 1983
- National Sustainability Program Leader, USDA Forest Service, Research and Development, Washington Office
2007 - Current
- Assistant Director, USDA Forest Service, Strategic Planing and Resource Assessment, Washington Office
2006 - 2007
- Policy Analyst, USDA Forest Service, Policy Analysis, Washington Office
2003 - 2006
- Regional Economist, USDA Forest Service, Alaska Region, Juneau, AK
2001 - 2003
- Post Doc (economics), USDA Forest Service, PNW Research Station, Juneau, AK
1999 - 2001
Featured Publications & Products
- Robertson, Guy; Gaulke, Peter; McWilliams, Ruth; LaPlante, Sarah; Guldin, Richard. 2011. National Report on Sustainable Forests--2010.
- Cubbage, Frederick C.; McGinley, K.; Moffat, S.; Lin, L.; Robertson, G. 2012. Implementation of the U.S. legal, institutional, and economic criterion and indicators for the 2010 Montreal Process for sustainable forest management.
- McGinley, Kathleen A.; Robertson, Guy C.; Friday, Kathleen S. 2019. Examining the Sustainability of Tropical Island Forests: Advances and Challenges in Measurement, Monitoring, and Reporting in the U.S. Caribbean and Pacific.
- McGinley, Kathleen; Robertson, Guy; Friday, Kathleen; Carpenter, Constance. 2017. Assessing Forest Sustainability in the Tropical Islands of the United States.
- Robertson, Guy; Mason, Andy. 2016. Assessing the Sustainability of Agricultural and Urban Forests in the United States.
- Nelson, Mark; Robertson, Guy; Riitters, Kurt. 2015. Conserving forest biological diversity: How the Montreal Process helps achieve sustainability.
- Heath, Linda S.; Anderson, Sarah M.; Emery, Marla R.; Hicke, Jeffrey A.; Littell, Jeremy; Lucier, Alan; Masek, Jeffrey G.; Peterson, David L.; Pouyat, Richard; Potter, Kevin M.; Robertson, Guy; Sperry, Jinelle; Bytnerowicz, Andrzej; Jovan, Sarah; Mockrin, Miranda H.; Musselman, Robert; Schulz, Bethany K.; Smith, Robert J.; Stewart, Susan I. 2015. Indicators of climate impacts for forests: recommendations for the US National Climate Assessment indicators system.
|Assessing Forest Sustainability on Islands in the Caribbean and the Pacific|
Forests in the U.S. Caribbean and Pacific are relatively stable in terms of total area, but face a number of environmental and human-driven chal ...