Paul H. Gobster
Research Landscape Architect
1033 University Place, Suite 360
Contact Paul H. Gobster
- 2017-present `Stakeholder Perceptions of Northern Dry Forest and Barrens Restoration Treatments` (Northern Research Station Research Joint Venture Agreement with University of Minnesota, BOKU University, and University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point)
- 2016-present `Landowner survey, Buckthorn Eradication Project: Landscape Scale Restoration and Enhancement Within and Surrounding Middlefork Savanna` (for Lake Co., IL Forest Preserve District)
- 2016-present `Pilot study, Use Monitoring of Chicago’s 606 Trail` (for The Trust for Public Lands, in cooperation with Chicago Park District, Chicago Department of Transportation, Alliance for Active Transportation, and University of Minnesota)
- 2015-present `Building rural community resilience in context of protected grasslands` (USDA-NIFA grant with University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- 2015-present `Assessing the Benefits of Chicago’s Large Lot Program` (Northern Research Station Research Joint Venture Agreement with University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, in partnership with City of Chicago Department of Planning and Development)
- 2015-present `Landowner and Visitor Response to Forest Landscape Restoration: The Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest Northeast Sands Project` (Northern Research Station Research Joint Venture Agreement with University of Wisconsin-Steven Point)
- 2014-present `Assessing the relative importance of emerald ash borer infestation on recreation choices via stated choice modelling` (Northern Research Station Research Joint Venture Agreement with University of Minnesota)
- 2009-2014 `Collaborative Research: Coupled Natural Human Systems in the Chicago Wilderness: Evaluating the Biodiversity and Social Outcomes of Different Models of Restoration Planning` (NSF Coupled Human and Natural Systems)
My research broadly addresses the question: How can we design, plan for, and manage landscapes to sustain mutually beneficial relationships between people and ecological systems? The context for much of my work has been park and forest landscapes in urban and wildland settings. I am focusing on three interrelated topic areas: Perception and experience of landscapes: how people perceive and experience parks and forests, including issues of aesthetics, psychological restoration, and physical activity. Meanings of nature: how nature is understood and valued by different individuals and stakeholder groups and how these values can be incorporated into landscape restoration and management. Access and equity issues: how knowledge of the cultural dimensions of landscape to provide better and more equitable access to nature, leisure, and open space opportunities for diverse populations.
Why This Research is Important
Social issues are increasingly at the forefront of environmental management decisions. Urban populations can be particularly diverse. If we can understand the range of perceptions and values that exist, we will help provide environmental managers the information they need to make decisions that are beneficial to all stakeholders concerned.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Ph.D. Land Resources 1987
- Texas A&M University, None Outdoor Recreation Planning (1 semester as part of UW PhD program of study) 1983
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, M.S. Landscape Architecture 1983
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, B.S. Regional Analysis, Leisure Sciences 1978
- GS-15 Research Landscape Architect (2015-present), USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station, Evanston
2015 - Current
- Adjunct Lecturer (2006-present), Environmental Policy and Culture Program, Northwestern University
2006 - Current
- GS-15 Research Social Scientist (2008-2015), USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station, Evanston
2008 - 2015
- GS-14 Research Social Scientist (1996-2008), USDA Forest Service, North Central Research Station, Evanston
1996 - 2008
- Science Leader, Landscape Change Integrated Research and Development Program (1998-2005), USDA Forest Service, North Central Research Station, Evanston
1998 - 2005
- Visiting Professor (spring semester 2004), Department of Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning, University of California-Berkeley
2004 - 2004
- GS-13 Research Social Scientist (1991-1996), USDA Forest Service, North Central Research Station, Evanston
1991 - 1996
- GS-12 Research Social Scientist (1987-1991), USDA Forest Service, North Central Research Station, Evanston
1987 - 1991
- Assistant Professor (Dec 1986- Jun 1987), Department of Landscape Architecture, Ball State University
1986 - 1987
- Acting Senior Planner (Sep-Dec 1986), Natural Resources Policy Division, Maine State Planning Office
1986 - 1986
- Consultant (July 1985), Scenic Hudson, Inc., Poughkeepsie, NY
1985 - 1985
- Lecturer (fall semester 1984) Forest-Oriented Outdoor Recreation Planning, Department of Forestry, University of Wisconsin-Madison
1984 - 1984
- Consultant (3 months), Wisconsin Public Intervenor Office
1981 - 1981
- Department of Landscape Architecture, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Honorary Fellow (2017 - Current)
- Landscape Research, Journal Editorial Board Member (2016 - Current)
- Landscape and Urban Planning, Associate Editor (Formerly Editor-In-Chief 2010-2011), Co-Editor-In-Chief (2011-2014), Editorial Advisory Board (2002-2010) (2015 - Current)
- Environmental Design Research Association, Member (2008 - Current)
- Natural Areas Association, Member (2008 - Current)
- International Association for Society and Natural Resources, Member (2007 - Current)
- Environment and Behavior, Journal Editorial Board Member (2006 - Current)
- Environmental Policy and Culture Program, Northwestern University, Adjunct Lecturer (2006 - Current)
- Society for Ecological Restoration, Member (2000 - Current)
- American Society of Landscape Architects (Fellow), Member (1987 - Current)
- Ecological Restoration, Journal Editorial Board Member (2000 - 2014)
- Journal of Leisure Research, Journal Associate Editor (2006 - 2010)
- Landscape Journal, Journal Editorial Board Member (2003 - 2010)
- Local Environment, Journal Editorial Board Member (1999 - 2005)
Awards & Recognition
- Outstanding Paper Award, 2017
Transportation Research Board, Committee on Highway Traffic Monitoring, for `Up on The 606: Understanding Use of a New Elevated Pedestrian and Bicycle Tail in Chicago` (with Sonya Sachdeva and Greg Lindsey)
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, 2013
University of Wisconsin-Madison Dept Landscape Architecture
- Fellow, 2009
American Society of Landscape Architects (knowledge category)
- Certificate of Merit, 2008
Honorable Mention as Outstanding Paper in Landscape Ecology for `The shared landscape: What does aesthetics have to do with ecology?` (with Joan Nassauer, Terry Daniel, and Gary Fry)
- Public Recognition Award, 2007
Outstanding Professional Achievement, American Society of Landscape Architects, Illinois Chapter
- Honor Award (Research), 2006
American Society of Landscape Architects, `From Landscapes to Lots: Understanding and Managing Midwestern Landscape Change` (with Bob Haight)
- Distinguished Professorship, 2004
Beatrix C. Farrand Visiting Distinguished Professor of Landscape Architecture and Environmental Plan
- Merit Award (Research), 2001
American Society of Landscape Architects (Senior editor, `Restoring Nature: Perspectives from the Social Sciences and Humanities`)
- Communication Award, 2001
Society for Ecological Restoration (Senior editor, `Restoring Nature: Perspectives from the Social Sciences and Humanities`
- Multicultural Achievement Award, 2000
North Central Research Station, USDA Forest Service, for leadership in the Chicago Rivers National Demonstration Project (with Lynne Westphal)
- Honor Award, 2000
American Society of Landscape Architects, Visualizing and Testing Views of a Changing Policy Landscape, Mt. Hood National Forest, Oregon (research project supervisor)
- Merit Award, 1999
American Society of Landscape Architects, People and the River: Perception and Use of Chicago Waterways for Recreation (co-principal investigator)
- Merit Award (Research), 1998
American Society of Landscape Architects, Perception of Clearcutting in the White Mountains (research project supervisor)
- Honor Award (Research), 1996
American Society of Landscape Architects, Lincoln Park Framework Plan (Ethnicity and Visual Preference research projects)
- Goddard, Mark A.; Davies, Zoe G.; Guenat, Solène ; Ferguson, Mark J.; Fisher, Jessica C.; Akanni, Adeniran ; Ahjokoski, Teija ; Anderson, Pippin M. L.; Angeoletto, Fabio ; Antoniou, Constantinos ; Bates, Adam J.; Barkwith, Andrew ; Berland, Adam ; Bouch, Christopher J.; Rega-Brodsky, Christine C.; Byrne, Loren B.; Cameron, David ; Canavan, Rory ; Chapman, Tim ; Connop, Stuart ; Crossland, Steve ; Dade, Marie C.; Dawson, David A.; Dobbs, Cynnamon ; Downs, Colleen T.; Ellis, Erle C.; Escobedo, Francisco J.; Gobster, Paul ; Gulsrud, Natalie Marie; Guneralp, Burak ; Hahs, Amy K.; Hale, James D.; Hassall, Christopher ; Hedblom, Marcus ; Hochuli, Dieter F.; Inkinen, Tommi ; Ioja, Ioan-Cristian ; Kendal, Dave ; Knowland, Tom ; Kowarik, Ingo ; Langdale, Simon J.; Lerman, Susannah B.; MacGregor-Fors, Ian ; Manning, Peter ; Massini, Peter ; McLean, Stacey ; Mkwambisi, David D.; Ossola, Alessandro ; Luque, Gabriel Pérez; Pérez-Urrestarazu, Luis ; Perini, Katia ; Perry, Gad ; Pett, Tristan J.; Plummer, Kate E.; Radji, Raoufou A.; Roll, Uri ; Potts, Simon G.; Rumble, Heather ; Sadler, Jon P.; de Saille, Stevienna ; Sautter, Sebastian ; Scott, Catherine E.; Shwartz, Assaf ; Smith, Tracy ; Snep, Robbert P. H.; Soulsbury, Carl D.; Stanley, Margaret C.; Van de Voorde, Tim ; Venn, Stephen J.; Warren, Philip H.; Washbourne, Carla-Leanne ; Whitling, Mark ; Williams, Nicholas S. G.; Yang, Jun ; Yeshitela, Kumelachew ; Yocom, Ken P.; Dallimer, Martin . 2021. A global horizon scan of the future impacts of robotics and autonomous systems on urban ecosystems.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Rigolon, Alessandro ; Hadavi, Sara ; Stewart, William P. 2020. Beyond proximity: Extending the greening hypothesis in the context of vacant lot stewardship.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Hadavi, Sara ; Rigolon, Alessandro ; Stewart, William P. 2020. Measuring landscape change, lot by lot: Greening activity in response to a vacant land reuse program.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Rigolon, Alessandro ; Hadavi, Sara ; Stewart, William P. 2020. The condition-care scale: A practical approach to monitoring progress in vacant lot stewardship programs.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Schneider, Ingrid E.; Floress, Kristin M.; Haines, Anna L.; Arnberger, Arne ; Dockry, Michael J.; Benton, Claire . 2020. Understanding the key characteristics and challenges of pine barrens restoration: insights from a Delphi survey of forest land managers and researchers.
- Rigolon, Alessandro ; Stewart, William P.; Gobster, Paul H. 2020. What predicts the demand and sale of vacant public properties Urban greening and gentrification in Chicago.
- Foelske, Lorraine ; van Riper, Carena J.; Stewart, William ; Ando, Amy ; Gobster, Paul ; Hunt, Len . 2019. Assessing preferences for growth on the rural-urban fringe using a stated choice analysis.
- Heneghan, Liam ; Westphal, Lynne M.; Ross, Kristen A.; Watkins, Cristy ; Gobster, Paul H.; Iannone, Basil V; Tudor, Madeleine ; Vining, Joanne ; Wali, Alaka ; Zellner, Moira ; Wise, David H. 2019. Institutional Diversity in the Planning Process Yields Similar Outcomes for Vegetation in Ecological Restoration.
- Lindsey, Greg ; Qi, Yunlei ; Gobster, Paul ; Sachdeva, Sonya . 2019. Population Changes, Weather, and Congestion: Exploring Declines in Use of Chicago's Elevated Trail.
- Stewart, William P.; Gobster, Paul H.; Rigolon, Alessandro ; Strauser, John ; Williams, Douglas A.; van Riper, Carena J. 2019. Resident-led beautification of vacant lots that connects place to community.
- Lindsey, Greg ; Qi, Yunlei ; Gobster, Paul H.; Sachdeva, Sonya . 2019. The 606 at three: Trends in use of Chicago's elevated Rail-Trail.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Ribe, Robert G.; Palmer, James F. 2019. Themes and trends in visual assessment research: Introduction to the Landscape and Urban Planning special collection on the visual assessment of landscapes.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Smardon, Richard C., eds. 2018. Abstracts presented at the Visual resource stewardship conference proceedings.
- Sullivan, Robert G.; Gobster, Paul H.; McCarty, John H.; Meyer, Mark E.; Palmer, James F.; Smardon, Richard C. 2018. Introduction: Visual Resource Stewardship: Landscape and Seascape Management in a Time of Change.
- Floress, Kristin; Haines, Anna; Usher, Emily; Gobster, Paul; Dockry, Mike. 2018. Landowner and visitor response to forest landscape restoration: the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest Lakewood Southeast Project.
- Arnberger, Arne; Ebenberger, Martin; Schneider, Ingrid E.; Cottrell, Stuart; Schlueter, Alexander C.; von Ruschkowski, Eick; Venette, Robert C.; Snyder, Stephanie A.; Gobster, Paul H. 2018. Visitor preferences for visual changes in bark beetle-impacted forest recreation settings in the United States and Germany.
- Gobster, Paul ; Stewart, William P.; Rigolon, Alessandro ; van Riper, Carena J.; Williams, Douglas A. 2018. Visual resource stewardship at the neighborhood scale: methods for assessing a vacant land reuse program.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Smardon, Richard C., eds. 2018. Visual resource stewardship conference proceedings: landscape and seascape management in a time of change.
- Arnberger, Arne; Schneider, Ingrid E.; Ebenberger, Martin; Eder, Renate; Venette, Robert C.; Snyder, Stephanie A.; Gobster, Paul H.; Choi, Ami; Cottrell, Stuart. 2017. Emerald ash borer impacts on visual preferences for urban forest recreation settings.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Sachdeva, Sonya; Lindsey, Greg. 2017. Up on The 606. Understanding the Use of a New Elevated Pedestrian and Bicycle Trail in Chicago, Illinois.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Floress, Kristin; Westphal, Lynne M.; Watkins, Cristy A.; Vining, Joanne; Wali, Alaka. 2016. Resident and user support for urban natural areas restoration practices.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2015. A social science perspective on the forest preserves: Seven virtues for connecting people and nature.
- Watkins, Christy; Westphal, Lynne M.; Gobster, Paul H.; Vining, Joanne; Wali, Alaka; Tudor, Madeleine. 2015. Shared principles of restoration practice in the Chicago wilderness region.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2014. (Text) Mining the LANDscape: Themes and Trends over 40 years of Landscape and Urban Planning.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2014. Re-wilding Europe's traditional agricultural landscapes: Values and the link between science and practice.
- Westphal, Lynne M.; Watkins, Cristy; Gobster, Paul H.; Heneghan, Liam; Ross, Kristen; Ross, Laurel; Tudor, Madeleine; Wali, Alaka; Wise, David H.; Vining, Joanne; Zellner, Moira. 2014. Social Science Methods Used in the RESTORE Project.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2012. Alternative approaches to urban natural areas restoration: integrating social and environmental goals.
- Daniel, Terry C.; Muhar, Andreas; Arnberger, Arne; Aznar, Olivier; Boyd, James W.; Chan, Kai M.A.; Costanza, Robert; Elmqvist, Thomas; Flint, Courtney G.; Gobster, Paul H.; Gret-Regamey, A.; Lave, R.; Muhar, S.; Penker, M.; Ribe, R.G.; Schauppenlehner, T.; Sikor, T.; Soloviy, I.; Spierenburg, M.; Taczanowska, K.; Tam, J.; von der Dunk, A. 2012. Contributions of cultural services to the ecosystem services agenda.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Xiang, Wei-Ning. 2012. Editorial: A revised aims and scope for Landscape and Urban Planning: an international journal of landscape and design.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Xiang, Wei-Ning. 2012. Editorial: Mapping the Intellectual Landscape of Landscape and Urban Planning.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Xiang, Wei-Ning. 2012. Editorial: Progress and prospects.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Xiang, Wei-Ning. 2012. Editorial: What do we mean by "landscape".
- Suau, Luis J.; Floyd, Myron F.; Spengler, John O.; Maddock, Jay E.; Gobster, Paul H. 2012. Energy Expenditure associated with the use of neighborhood parks in 2 cities.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2011. Appreciating urban wildscapes: Towards a natural history of unnatural places. Chapter 2.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2011. Factors affecting people's response to invasive species management.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2011. Landscape and urban planning at 100: Looking back moving forward.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Nassauer, Joan Iverson; Nadenicek, Daniel J. 2010. Landscape Journal and scholarship in landscape architecture: the next 25 years.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Buchner, David M. 2010. Healthy outdoor recreation: An integrated approach to linking physical activity with wellness goals. Chapter 38.
- Westphal, Lynne M.; Gobster, Paul H.; Gross, Matthias. 2010. Models for renaturing brownfield areas Chapter 19.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2010. Models for urban forest restoration: Human and environmental values.
- Jorgensen, Anna; Gobster, Paul H. 2010. Shades of green: Measuring the ecology of urban green space in the context of human health and well-being.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2010. Urban ecological restoration (Introduction to a special theme issue).
- Haight, Robert G.; Gobster, Paul H. 2009. Social and economic considerations for planning wildlife conservation in large landscapes.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2008. Yellowstone Hotspot. Reflections on scenic beauty, ecology, and the aesthetic experience of landscape.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2007. Comment on "Ethnicity as a variable in leisure research" by Li et al..
- Wagner, Mimi M.; Gobster, Paul H. 2007. Interpreting landscape change: measured biophysical change and surrounding social context.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2007. Models for urban forest restoration: human and environmental values.
- Buchner, David M.; Gobster, Paul H. 2007. Promoting active visits to parks: models and strategies for transdisciplinary collaboration.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Nassauer, Joan I.; Daniel, Terry C.; Fry, Gary. 2007. The shared landscape: what does aesthetics have to do with ecology.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2007. Urban park restoration and the "museumification" of nature.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2005. Invasive Species as Ecological Threat: Is Restoration an Alternative to Fear-based Resource Management.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2005. Recreation and leisure research from an active living perspective: taking a second look at urban trail use data.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2004. An Active Living Perspective on Recreation Research: Examples of Urban Trail Use and Suggestions for Further Involvement.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Haight, Robert G. 2004. From landscapes to lots: understanding and managing Midwestern landscape change..
- Gobster, Paul H.; Rickenbach, Mark G. 2004. Private forestland parcelization and development in Wisconsin's Northwoods: perceptions of resource-oriented stakeholders.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Westpahl, Lynne M. 2004. The human dimensions of urban greenways: planning for recreation and related experiences.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Stewart, Susan I.; Bengston, David N. 2004. The social aspects of landscape change: protecting open space under the pressure of development.
- Ruliffson, Jane A.; Haight, Robert G.; Gobster, Paul H.; Homans, Frances R. 2003. Metropolitan natural area protection to maximize public access and species representation.
- Rickenbach, Mark G.; Gobster, Paul H. 2003. Stakeholders' Perceptions of Parcelization in Wisconsin's Northwoods.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2002. Ervin Zube and landscape architecture.
- Whitcomb, Lisa; Parker, Dennis; Carr, Bob; Gobster, Paul; Schroeder, Herb. 2002. Human preference for ecological units: patterns of dispersed campsites within landtype associations on the Chippewa National Forest.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2002. Managing urban parks for a racially and ethnically diverse clientele.
- Ruliffson, Jane A.; Gobster, Paul H.; Haight, Robert G.; Homans, Francis R. 2002. Niches in the urban forest: Organizations and their role in acquiring metropolitan open space..
- Ribe, Robert G.; Armstrong, Edward T.; Gobster, Paul H. 2002. Scenic Vistas and the Changing Policy Landscape: Visualizing and Testing the Role of Visual Resources in Ecosystem Management.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2001. Forests and landscapes: linking ecology, sustainability and aesthetics.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2001. Human dimensions of early successional landscapes in the eastern United States.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2001. Neighbourhood-open space relationships in metropolitan planning: a look across four scales of concern.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Hull, R. Bruce. 2001. Restoring nature: continuing the conversation.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2001. Visions of nature: conflict and compatibility.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Haight, Robert G.; Shriner, David S. 2000. Integrated Research on Midwestern Landscape Change: A Program Description and Progress Report.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Haight, Robert G.; Shriner, Dave. 2000. Landscape Change in the Midwest: An Integrated Research and Development Program.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Barro, Susan C. 2000. Negotiating nature: Making Restoration Happen In An Urban Park Context.
- Gobster, Paul H. 2000. Restoring Nature: Human Actions, Interactions and reactions.
- Hull, Bruce R.; Gobster, Paul H. 2000. Restoring forest ecosystems: the human dimension.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Schmidt, Thomas L. 2000. The Use of Amenity Indicators in Anticipating Private Forestland Parcelization: A Look at the Lake States' Northwoods.
- Gobster, Paul H. 1999. An ecological aesthetic for forest landscape management.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Hull, Bruce. 1999. The restoration and management of nature: A conference and forthcoming book explore restoration from the perspectives of the social science and humanities.
- Zhang, Tingwei; Gobster, Paul H. 1998. Leisure preferences and open space needs in an.
- Gobster, P. H.; Westphal, L. M. 1998. People and the River: Perception and Use of Chicago Waterways for Recreation..
- Gobster, Paul H.; Westphal, Lynne M. 1998. People and the river: perception and use of Chicago waterways for recreation..
- Gobster, Paul H. 1998. Urban parks as green walls or green magnets Interracial relations in neighborhood boundary parks.
- Gobster, Paul H. 1997. The Chicago wilderness and its critics: the other side: a survey of arguments.
- Gobster, Paul H. 1996. Forest aesthetics, biodiversity, and the perceived appropriateness of ecosystem management practices.
- Gobster, Paul H.; Dickhut, Kathleen E. 1995. Exploring interspace: open space opportunities in dense urban areas.
- Gobster, Paul H. 1993. Managing urban and high-use recreation settings..
- Schroeder, Herbert ; Gobster, Paul H.; Frid, Ross. 1993. Visual quality of human-made clearings in central Michigan conifers..
- Dwyer, John F.; Gobster, Paul H. 1992. Black/white outdoor recreation preferences and participation: Illinois State Parks.
- Dwyer, John F.; Schroeder, Herbert W.; Gobster, Paul H. 1991. Central hardwood forest resources: a social science perspective.
- Dwyer, John F.; Schroeder, Herbert W.; Gobster, Paul H. 1991. The significance of urban trees and forests: toward a deeper understanding of values.
- Chenoweth, Richard E.; Gobster, Paul H. 1990. The nature and ecology of aesthetic experiences in the landscape.
|Landowner Acceptance of a Pine Barrens Restoration Project|
Despite landowners’ uncertainty about long-term outcomes near a pine barrens restoration project on the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest, t ...
|Models for Ecological Restoration in Urban Areas: Lessons From the USA and Europe|
NRS researchers Paul Gobster and Lynne Westphal and a German colleague, Matthias Gross, analyzed urban restoration projects and developed severa ...
|Perceptions of Crime and its Impacts on the Use of Urban Parks by Latino Residents|
NRS scientist Paul Gobster examined how the perceptions of Latino residents in two inner-city Chicago neighborhoods affected their use of outdoo ...
|Resident and visitor support for urban natural areas restoration|
Resident and visitor beliefs about whether a given restoration practice, such as controlled burning, is already being used at a site can be a po ...
|Understanding resident use of a new elevated pedestrian and bicycle trail|
Monitoring use of a new elevated trail in Chicago provides important information to city managers. Preliminary results suggest that "The 606" ha ...