Cindi L. Brown
3160 Coweeta Lab Road
Phone: 828-524-2128 x105
Contact Cindi L. Brown
I am the Analytical Lab Manager/Chemist at Coweeta Hydrological Laboratory, an experimental forest research facility of the Forest Service. I have worked in Coweeta's analytical lab for over 20 years. My previous experience was with private industry where I was the lab supervisor for quality control.
My primary focus is quality control/ quality assurance with expertise in analytical chemistry and instrumentation.
- Western Carolina University, M.S. Chemistry 1992
- Northern Kentucky University, B.S. Chemistry 1979
- Chemist/Lab Manager, USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station, Coweeta Hydrologic Laboratoy
2008 - Current
- Chemist, USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station, Coweeta Hydrologic Laboratoy
1992 - 2008
- Laboratory Supervisor, Lykes Pasco
1983 - 1985
- Laboratory Supervisor, DuBois Chemicals
1981 - 1982
- Laboratory Supervisor, Frye Copysystems
1979 - 1982
Featured Publications & Products
- Yanai, Ruth D.; Tokuchi, Naoko; Campbell, John L.; Green, Mark B.; Matsuzaki, Eiji; Laseter, Stephanie N.; Brown, Cindi L.; Bailey, Amey S.; Lyons, Pilar; Levine, Carrie R.; Buso, Donald C.; Likens, Gene E.; Knoepp, Jennifer D.; Fukushima, Keitaro. 2015. Sources of uncertainty in estimating stream solute export from headwater catchments at three sites.
- Miniat, Chelcy Ford; Zietlow, David R.; Brantley, Steven T.; Brown, Cindi L.; Mayfield III, Albert E.; Jetton, Robert M.; Rhea, James R.; Arnold, Paul . 2020. Physiological responses of eastern hemlock (Tsuga canadensis) to light, adelgid infestation, and biological control: Implications for hemlock restoration.
- Lapham, Marika ; Miniat, Chelcy Ford; Mayfield, Albert E.III; Jetton, Robert M.; Brantley, Steven T.; Zietlow David R., ; Brown, Cindi ; Rhea, James R. 2018. Shade and hemlock woolly adelgid infestation increase eastern hemlock foliar nutrient concentration.
- Brantley, Steven T.; Mayfield, Albert (Bud); Jetton, Robert M.; Miniat, Chelcy F.; Zietlow, David R.; Brown, Cindi L.; Rhea, Rusty. 2017. Elevated light levels reduce hemlock woolly adelgid infestation and improve carbon balance of infested eastern hemlock seedlings.