800 Buchanan Street
Contact Chrissy Howell
My work involves coordinating natural resource management issues on Forest Service lands in California. I have expertise in natural resource management, wildlife management, and climate change issues.
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Phd Ecology and Evolutionary Biology 1999
- University of California, Berkeley, Ba Integrative Biology 1991
- Program Manager, Ecosystem Function and Health, USDA Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Research Station
2016 - Current
- Regional Wildlife Ecologist, USDA Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Regional Office
2013 - 2015
- Regional Wildlife Program Leader, USDA Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Regional Office
2011 - 2013
- Stillman, Andrew ; Siegel, Rodney ; Wilkerson, Robert ; Johnson, Matthew ; Howell, Christine ; Tingley, Morgan W. 2019. Nest site selection and nest survival of Black-backed Woodpeckers after wildfire.
- Tingley, Morgan W.; Stillman, Andrew N.; Wilkerson, Robert L.; Howell, Christine A.; Sawyer, Sarah C.; Siegel, Rodney B. 2018. Cross-scale occupancy dynamics of a postfire specialist in response to variation across a fire regime.
- Tingley, Morgan W.; Ruiz-Gutiérrez, Viviana; Wilkerson, Robert L.; Howell, Christine A.; Siegel, Rodney B. 2016. Pyrodiversity promotes avian diversity over the decade following forest fire.