Ecologist, ORISE Fellow
200 W.T. Weaver Blvd.
Contact Bjorn Brooks
Remote sensing of patterns in ecosystem resilience. Focus on phenology variability, responses and trajectories over interannual and landscape scales spanning the Continental US.
- Multivariate statistical clustering of very large data sets: phenological ecoregions
- ForWarn: near real time forest change assessment
- MODIS NDVI
- Geostatistics for decision support: surface containment for CCS (gas seepage)
- Plant-climate interactions, analytics of in situ environmental data, eddy covariance: Chequamegon Ecosystem-Atmosphere Study (ChEAS)
- Biosphere-atmosphere modeling: CarbonTracker, inverse atmospheric transport modeling
- Upscaling/downscaling for bridging gaps between models and observations: COMDAST
- Iowa State University, Ph.D. Geology 2009
- University of Bristol, M.S. Palaeobiology 2002
- Iowa State University, B.S. Biology 2000