William D. Smith
Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
Featured Publications & Products
- Eaton, Robert; Smith, William; Ludovici, Kim. 2010. Growth response of dominant and co-dominant loblolly pines to organic matter removal, soil compaction, and competition control.
- Yemshanov, Denys; Koch, Frank; Ben-Haim, Yakov; Smith, William. 2010. Detection capacity, information gaps and the design of surveillance programs for invasive forest pests.
- Koch, Frank H.; Smith, William D.; Coulston, John W. 2013. An improved method for standardized mapping of drought conditions.
- Koch, Frank H.; Smith, William D.; Coulston, John W. 2013. Recent drought conditions in the Conterminous United States.
- Koch, Frank H.; Smith, William D. 2012. A revised sudden oak death risk map to facilitate national surveys.
- Potter, Kevin M.; Smith, William D. 2012. Large-Scale Assessment of Invasiveness and Potential for Ecological Impact by Nonnative Tree Species..
- Koch, Frank H.; Coulston, John W.; Smith, William D. 2012. Mapping drought conditions using multi-year windows.
- McKelvey, Steven C.; Smith, William D.; Koch, Frank. 2012. Probabilistic commodity-flow-based focusing of monitoring activities to facilitate early detection of Phytophthora ramorum outbreaks.
- Jones, William E.; Smith, William D.; Twardus, Daniel B. 2012. Tracking population loss in Cornus florida since discovery of Discula destructiva, causal agent of dogwood anthracnose, in eastern North America.
- Shifley, S. R.; Flather, C. H.; Smith, W. B.; Riitters, K. H.; Sieg, C. H. 2010. Status and progress in large-scale assessment of biological diversity in the United States.