Barton D. Clinton
Note: this person is no longer a Forest Service Research & Development employee.
Featured Publications & Products
- Clinton, Barton , D..; Maier, Chris , A..; Ford, Chelcy , R..; Mitchell, Robert , J. 2011. Transient changes in transpiration, and stem and soil CO2 efflux in longleaf pine (Pinus palustris Mill.) following fire-induced leaf area reduction.
- Clinton, Barton D. 2011. Stream water responses to timber harvest: Riparian buffer width effectiveness.
- Clinton, Barton D.; Vose, James M.; Fowler, Dick L. 2010. Flat Branch monitoring project: stream water temperature and sediment responses to forest cutting in the riparian zone.
- Clinton, Barton , D..; Vose, James , M..; Knoepp, Jennifer , D..; Elliott, Katherine , J..; Reynolds, Barbara , C..; Zarnock, Stanley , J. 2010. Can structural and functional characteristics be used to identify riparian zone width in southern Appalachian headwater catchments.
- Horton, Jonatha L.; Clinton, Barton D.; Walker, John F.; Beir, Colin M.; Nilsen, Erik T. 2009. Variation in soil and forest floor characteristics along gradients of ericaceous, evergreen shrub cover in the southern Appalachians.
- Elliott, Katherine J.; Vose, James M.; Knoepp, Jennifer D.; Clinton, Barton D. 2012. Restoration of shortleaf pine (Pinus echinata) - hardwood ecosystems severely impacted by the southern pine beetle (Dendroctonus frontalis).
- Ford, Chelcy R.; Elliott, Katherine J.; Clinton, Barton D.; Kloeppel, Brian D.; Vose, James M. 2011. Forest dynamics following eastern hemlock mortality in the southern Appalachians.
- Knoepp, Jennifer D.; Vose, James M.; Clinton, Barry; Hunter, Nark D. 2011. Hemlock infestation and mortality: impacts on nutrient pools and cycling in Appalachian forests.
- Berg, Erik; Clinton, Barry; Vose, Jim; Swank, Wayne. 2011. Ten-year responses of oak regeneration to prescribed fire.
- Knoepp, Jennifer D.; Elliott, Katherine J.; Clinton, Barton D.; Vose, James M. 2009. Effects of prescribed fire in mixed oak forests of the southern Appalachians: forest floor, soil, and soil solution nitrogen responses.
- Grace, Johnny M., III.; Clinton, Barton D. 2009. Protecting soil and water in forest road management..
- Maier, Chris A.; Johnsen, Kurt H.; Clinton, Barton D.; Ludovici, Kim H. 2009. Relationships between stem CO2 efflux, substrate supply, and growth in young loblolly pine trees.
- Knoepp, Jennifer D.; Clinton, Barton D. 2009. Riparian zones in southern Appalachian headwater catchments: Carbon and nitrogen responses to forest cutting..