Publications and Reports
General CIRMOUNT Publications and Presentations
Mountain Views Chronicles
- Diaz, Henry F. et.al. A
Framework for Proposed IAI Initiative Used CIRMOUNT as an example
of a successful network that could be a model for a similar entity
that IAI may wish to consider developing throughout the Cordillera.
- IHDP UPDATE Magazine on Mountainous Regions: Laboratories for Adaptation.
On page 46 starts an article by Jill Baron et.al. entitled, Some
Guidelines for Helping Natural Resources Adapt to Climate Change concerning mountains in western North America.
- Diaz, Henry F., Constance I. Millar, Connie A. Woodhouse. 2008. The
Consortium for Integrated Climate Research in Western Mountains
- A Progress Report. Mountain Research Initiative Newsletter
no. 1 September 2008.
- CIRMOUNT Strategic Plan April 2007
- CIRMOUNT Committee. 2006. Mapping
New Terrain, Climate Change and the America's West
- Diaz, H., Nov 2005, Climate
LINKages of UPland-Lowland Environments (LINKUP). Poster presented
at Climate Change Science Program Conference, Washington, D.C.
- Millar C.I. Nov 2005. CIRMOUNT presentation to USFS Chief.
- Millar C.I.
Oct 2005. CIRMOUNT presentation at Open Science Conference,
- Millar C.I.; Allen, C.D.;
Fagre, D.B., Greenwood, G. Oct 2005. CIRMOUNT poster presented
at Open Science Conference, Perth, Scotland.
- Millar C.I. July 2005. CIRMOUNT presentation
at MIREN conference.
- Millar C.I. June 2005. The Consortium for Integrated Climate Research in Western Mountains:
A new national research network. Mountain Forum Bulletin 5(1): 18-19.
- Greenwood, G. B. 2005. MRI
Newsletter 4. Climate Science in the American West. Mountain Research
& Development 25(10): 80-81.
- Cayan, D. 2005. Imperative to
Understand Changes in Western Mountain Watersheds and Ecosystems:
the CIRMOUNT program. Abstract. June 6, 2005 GEWEX Meeting.
- Millar, C.I. and H.F. Diaz.
2004. Mapping New Terrain: Climate Change and America's West.
- Diaz, H.F. and C.I. Millar.
2004. Discussing the Future of U.S. Mountains, Climate Change
and Ecosystems. EOS 85 (35): 330-331.
- Millar, C.I. and D.B. Fagre.
2004. Integrating Climate and Ecosystem-Response Sciences in
Temperate Western North American Mountains: The CIRMOUNT Initiative.
Abstract and Presentation. CIRMOUNT-sponsored Union session of the
American Geophysical Union annual meeting. Dec 13-17, 2004, San
- Millar, C.I. 2004. The Consortium
for Integrated Climate Research in Western Mountains. In Lee, C.
and Schaaf, T. (eds) Global Change Research in Mountain Biosphere
Reserves. Proceedings of the International Launching Workshop held
in Entlebuch Biosphere Reserve, 10-13 November 2003. Pg 154-158.
CIRMOUNT in the NEWS
- Tracking Change, Vail Trail, 9/3/2008
- Canaries in the coal mine, The Durango Telegraph, 6/26/2008
- Mountain Studies Institute Hosts Climate Change Conference, The
Watch News, 6/24/2008
- Watching the Weather, The Telluride Watch, 6/19/2008.
- Climate change in the West is topic of conference in Silverton, Silverton Standard, 6/12/2008
- 120 climate scientists converge on Silverton for conference, Silverton Standard, 6/5/2008
experts present findings on drought Bozeman Chronicle, 3/7/2005
sure of 1 thing: It's dry here Billings Gazette, 3/4/2005
weather in the West draws scientists, managers Montana State
University News, 3/4/2005
- Fire and
water drive western growth, prompt warming conference AP SFGate