About Us  |  Contact Us  |  FAQ's  |  Newsroom

[design image slice] U.S. Department of Agriculture Forest Service on faded trees in medium light green background [design image slice] more faded trees
[design image] green box with curved corner
[design image] green and cream arch
Employee Search
Information Center
National Offices and Programs
Phone Directory
Regional Offices
Evaluate Our Service

We welcome your comments on our service and your suggestions for improvement.


USDA Forest Service
Recreation, Heritage & Wilderness Resources
Mail Stop 1125
1400 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, D.C.

(202) 205-1706

  [graphic]FirstGov.gov - The U.S. Government's Offical Web Portal

Interagency Access Pass

You are here: Home > Passes & Permits > Recreation Fees and Passes > Interagency Access Pass

[IMAGE: Interagency Access Pass]Cost: Free, lifetime.


  • Honored nationwide at all Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and US Fish & Wildlife Service sites charging entrance or standard amenity fees.
  • Valid for pass holder's lifetime.
  • Admits pass holder and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle.
  • At per-person fee areas, admits pass holder and up to 3 persons. Persons 15 and younger are admitted free of charge.
  • Receives a 50% discount on some expanded amenity fees like campgrounds (does not include hookups for water/sewer/electricity), highly developed boat launches and swimming sites and for specialized interpretive services. (More Information)

[GRAPHIC: Interagency Senior Pass and Interagency Access Pass Hangtag.]Display

At staffed sites, show your pass to the booth attendant.

At unstaffed sites, use hangtag to display pass from rear-view mirror. Hangtags are available at Forest Service offices.

At per-person sites, present pass upon request.

Eligibility Requirements

Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.

Must have a medical determination and documentation of blindness or permanent disability.

Must obtain in person

Must submit one of the following documents:

  1. A statement signed by a licensed physician attesting that the applicant has a permanent physical, mental, or sensory impairment that severely limits one or more major life activity.
  2. A document issued by a federal agency, such as the Veteran's Administration, which attests that the applicant has been medically determined to be eligible to receive federal benefits as a result of disability. Other acceptable federal agency documents include proof of receipt of Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) due to disability.
  3. A document issued by a state agency, such as the vocational rehabilitation agency, which attests that the applicant has been medically determined to be eligible to receive that agencies benefits or services as a result of medically determined permanent disability. Showing a state motor vehicle department disability sticker, license plate, or hang tag is not acceptable documentation.

Other Important Details

Interagency Access Passes are nontransferable.

The Interagency Access Pass belongs to the signer only and s/he must be present for the pass to be used. Photo identification may be requested to verify pass ownership.

Concessionaires may or may not honor the Interagency Access Pass, according to the terms of their current permit.

Interagency Access Pass holders receive a 50% discount on some expanded amenity fees. (More Information)

Interagency Access Passes are NOT valid for any special recreation permits.

How to Obtain a Pass and Hangtag

Interagency Access Passes must be issued in person, and are available at most national forest or grassland offices, as well as offices for the other participating agencies. Use the following link to find a location near you. Contact the office you plan to visit, to ensure they have this pass in stock.


More Information

Review all Interagency Recreation Passes and compare before you decide.

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions about the Interagency Recreation Passes.

US Forest Service
Last modified December 22, 2014

[graphic] USDA logo, which links to the department's national site. [graphic] Forest Service logo, which links to the agency's national site. [graphic] A link to the US Forest Service home page.