The Forest Service and Partners have tons of great resources!
It’s All Yours- Get out and recreate National Forests and Grasslands-Go Play!
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge communications tool kit has customizable materials to help get your gardeners registering their pollinator gardens.
National Environmental Education Week promotional tool kit will help you launch your event in style!
NICE Database.Woodsy Owl – how to care for the landSmokey Bear – wildfire prevention and safetyFSNatureLIVE - Bringing Nature to You! – topic-centered webcasts, videos and interactive tools for middle schoolersCelebrating Wildflowers – for native wildflower and pollinator resourcesEvery Kid in a Park – From September 1st to August 31st of the next year (academic year), kids in the 4th Grade can receive a FREE PASS for themselves and their families to federally managed lands where fees are normally charged. Passes are available to Forest Service staff to order in July for distribution to 4th Graders in the upcoming academic year. Please review this memo from the FS National Recreation Fee Program Coordinator regarding procedures for ordering and distributing the passes.
- Natural Inquirer – Science Education Journal – real scientific research distilled for middle schoolers
- Project Learning Tree GreenSchools!
- Forest Service Educator Toolbox
- Project WILD – wildlife-based conservation education for K-12
- Project WET – water education that empowers community action
- Partners in Amphibian & Reptile Conservation (PARC) partners unite diverse stakeholders in conservation of herpetofauna.
- Dr. Sullivan’s Library publications on the impact of viewing outdoor landscapes on recovery from stress and mental fatigue.
Freshwater Snorkeling Program Tool Kit – Showcase the aquatic biodiversity of protected watersheds using this guide to setting up a freshwater snorkeling program on any clear stream. (USFS, 2016, 53 pgs)
Freshwater Snorkeling Curriculum – Prepare students for the freshwater snorkeling experience using standards-based activities based on what they will find underwater (North Bay, 2016, 29 pgs)
Digital Photography Handbook – Easy-to-use guidebook to successful photography, including standards and protocols needed by Forest Service employees. (Author: USFS Sandy Frost, 2013)
Digital Photography 101 Webinar – Slideshow of the basics of digital photography, with an emphasis on standards for Forest Service photographers (Presenter: USFS Sandy Frost, 2013) Recorded webinar
USDA-Forest Service Photo Release Consent Form - Download English | Download Spanish – 2014 officially authorized form to be used for all images needing consent (especially for photographs involving minors)