The WFWARP staff works across the agency and with partners to help meet the agency’s land management and resource stewardship responsibilities. We help the agency carry out its conservation mission by helping to:
- Protect, sustain, and improve the water and watershed resources and services.
- Protect ecosystems by ensuring that proposed management activities promote conservation of biological diversity.
- Restore deteriorated ecosystems to improve their health, diversity, and productivity.
- Provide multiple benefits to people by enhancing ecosystem productivity, managing public access, and increasing public awareness.
- Improve organizational effectiveness through fostering a skilled and knowledgeable workforce, exhibiting collaborative decision making; helping to make the best science-based information available; and encouraging monitoring and evaluation to improve the effectiveness of our actions.
We work closely with our customers and partners in accomplishing our objectives. The health, diversity, and productivity of the water, wildlife, fish, and plant communities on National Forest System lands -- and opportunities for their use and enjoyment -- will be the measures of our success.