The National Urban and Community Forestry Advisory Council status is “Inactive”, pending the Secretary of Agriculture’s signature approving the renewal of the Council’s Charter. Council activities will resume once the Charter is signed.
The National Urban and Community Forestry Advisory Council (NUCFAC) is a Congressionally designated advisory council to the Secretary of Agriculture on urban forestry and related issues. The 1990 Farm Bill created NUCFAC to bring together the wide variety of voices raised about a common concern: the present health and future preservation of America's urban forests. NUCFAC was founded to synthesize the full spectrum of views into a consistent vision, as a foundation for practical policy on urban forestry and related natural resources.
- NUCFAC is the steward of the Ten-Year Urban Forest Action Plan. The plan was developed collaboratively with Urban and Community Forestry stakeholders and released in 2016. See the plan...
- Each year, NUCFAC submits an Accomplishment Report on the progress being made in the implementation of the plan, along with recommendations to the Secretary of Agriculture. See the accomplishment reports...
- The Council uses the Plan to develop annual grant categories and makes recommendations for funding through the Forest Service’s National Urban Forestry Challenge Cost Share Grant Program.
- The NUCFAC seeks innovative (new, cutting-edge or builds upon existing studies) grant proposals for program development, study, and collaboration that will launch some of the strategies in the (2016-2026) Ten-Year Urban Forestry Action Plan. See past grant awards...
- Call for Nominations: The Forest Service Urban and Community Forestry Program announces an open call for nominations for all of its Non-Forest Service positions on the National Urban and Community Forestry Advisory Council.
- Current NUCFAC Membership.
- To inquire about nominating yourself or someone else to serve on NUCFAC, please contact us (email@example.com).
- The Council meets twice or three times per year.
The Council's next meeting notice and agenda are pending.
- Meeting notes for the March 20, 2018, meeting are posted.