The National Urban and Community Forestry Advisory Council (NUCFAC) is a Congressionally designated advisory council to the Secretary of Agriculture on urban forestry and related issues. The 1990 Farm Bill created NUCFAC to bring together the wide variety of voices raised about a common concern: the present health and future preservation of America's urban forests. NUCFAC was founded to synthesize the full spectrum of views into a consistent vision, as a foundation for practical policy on urban forestry and related natural resources.
- NUCFAC is the steward of the Ten-Year Urban Forest Action Plan. The plan was developed collaboratively with Urban and Community Forestry stakeholders and released in 2016. See the plan…
- Each year, NUCFAC submits an Accomplishment Report on the progress being made in the implementation of the plan, along with recommendations to the Secretary of Agriculture. See the accomplishment reports…
- The Council uses the Plan to develop annual grant categories and makes recommendations for funding through the Forest Service’s National Urban Forestry Challenge Cost Share Grant Program.
- The NUCFAC seeks innovative (new, cutting-edge or builds upon existing studies) grant proposals for program development, study, and collaboration that will launch some of the strategies in the (2016-2026) Ten-Year Urban Forestry Action Plan. See past grant awards…
Request for Proposals
Request for Proposals: 2019 National Urban and Community Forestry Challenge Cost Share Grant Program announces their Grant Category D: Prepare for Pests, Threats, Natural Disasters and Associated Changes and Risks. See the RFP in PDF (379 KB) and Word (118 KB) formats. The grant opportunity number at Grants.gov is USDA-FS-UCF-01-2019.
Deadline to submit is April 30, 2018, 11:59 PM Eastern
Applicants are asked to apply on-line with Grants.gov’s new application software. Please review their online instructions and register your organization, if you have not registered yet.
- Call for Nominations: The Forest Service Urban and Community Forestry Program announces an open call for nominations for all of its Non-Forest Service positions on the National Urban and Community Forestry Advisory Council.
- Current NUCFAC Membership (PDF, 210 KB).
- To inquire about nominating yourself or someone else to serve on NUCFAC, please contact us (email@example.com.).
- The Council meets twice or three times per year. The next Council meeting is scheduled for March 20, 2018. See the draft meeting agenda (PDF). This draft agenda is subject to change. The meeting notice is pending.
- Please contact Nancy Stremple at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to join the March 2018 meeting.
- Meeting notes for the July 18-20, 2017, meeting are posted.