The content and organization of the Aviation Safety web pages was inspired by the "Pillars" of the Safety Management Systems (SMS). The resources provided are grouped into the areas of policy, risk management, safety assurance and safety promotion.
The Safety Managment System (SMS) can be utilized as a means of providing a formal process and structure to control the risk associated with the vast array of aviation missions.
It is the goal of SMS to create a positive safety culture where participants continually challenge the processes, the culture and the systems to identify weaknesses and where improvements can be made. This web site was created with the intent of providing relevant and current information, facilitate opportunities to capture the wealth of operational knowledge and experience from the aviation community and to link learning with training so we may actively take steps toward reaching that goal.
SAFETY MANAGMENT SYSTEM
- Aviation Safety Summaries
- Safety Mangement System Presentation (coming soon)
- Information, Aviation Accident Prevention & Technical Bulletins
- Safety Alerts & Lessons Learned
- Airward News
- Aviation Training
RISK MANAGEMENT (coming soon)
- Operational Risk Assessments
- Strategic/Programmatic Risk Assessments
- Mission Aviation Safety Plan (MASP)
POLICY (coming soon)