Great Basin Engine Academy
The academy in Saint George, Utah, develops skills of firefighters with a focus on driving fire engines, maintenance, pumping and safety. The intense 80-hour course is open to agency employees and to others as space allows.
Our Continuing Education for Natural Resources Professionals Program focuses on management of watershed, terrestrial and aquatic habitats.
Eligible candidates include wildlife, fisheries, botany, hydrology, watershed, recreation, timber and other resource professionals with an education in wildlife, fisheries, plant management or related fields and generally 3 years’ experience in resource management.
Scheduled courses include:
- Leadership and Communication
- Endangered Species Act: A Primer
- Plain & Simple! Document Writing
Arthur Carhart Center
The Arthur Carhart National Wilderness Training Center (link is external) is a multi-agency that offers wilderness training, information and education programs through:
- Online classes
- Classroom training
The center also offers wilderness education materials to help increase public knowledge and understanding of wilderness heritage.
Agriculture Learning – or AgLearn – is the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s system for managing training records and activity for all USDA employees. If you are not an employee, but are a contractor, affiliate, intern, volunteer or fellow, you could apply for access. AgLearn offers a variety of subjects, including:
- Management and leadership
- Strategic planning
- Effective meetings
Get started today with an AgLearn account
- National Agricultural Library includes digital collections and a convenient search engine.
- Treesearch is an online searchable database of Forest Service research publications.
- National Agroforestry Center (link is external) has a variety of tools, publications and online training.
- Fire and Aviation Management Training also includes a list of other training links.